Thread: Working out, turning red

Thanks

Question Working out, turning red

I just went and worked out on the treadmill for 10 minutes, worked my legs for 5 minutes and worked my arms for 2 minutes and turned extremely red in my face across my nose and on my cheeks. I have heard that is a symptom of Lupus. Is my red face from the Lupus?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

One of the most common symptoms of Lupus is the butterfly rash which can extend from the cheek, over the bridge of the nose to the other cheek. This rash can, sometimes, be red and raised and can often worsen when we are in a flare up.
    I cannot tell you if your rash is, indeed, a lupus rash. The fact that it appeared after physical exertion would make it very difficult to give you an definite answer. If the redness does not dissipate, I would suggest that you contact your doctor. Especially if you begin to notice other symptoms that might indicate a flare up.
    Best of Luck

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hello! I also have the problem of turning bright red in the face as you described when I am active. I sometimes also go red in the neck and front of the chest also. I don't feel to tired when this happens but others around me think I might be going to blow up. HEE heeeee sometimes in summer I go red more often. I have just learnt to take it in my stride. Good luck!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I've never had this happen, but my Mom, who also has Lupus, gets this everytime she exerts herself, especially if it's too warm for her, like up in the high 70's low 80's.

Thanks

I'm just like Rob's Mom - I turn red with the least little exertion. My cheeks flare up bright red. All it takes is for me to spend some time in the kitchen making dinner. I'm red and look flushed after walking around the commissary for a while.
    Emotional stress will do it to me, too. If I hear bad news or get really worried, my cheeks will turn red. Jeff can tell if I need to rest or calm down.
    Hugs,
    Marla