Thread: New here, wanna chat

Thanks

Smile New here, wanna chat

Hi, my name is Kristina and I am 23. I had pain in my joints mostly in my legs when I was really young and then eventually as I got older it got worse and started hurting in other places like my elbows only sometimes and my wrists and fingers alot. I started having chest pains when I would breath in and I always feel fatigued. I have posted 2 other things in this section and I was hoping that I would get more reply's with this one. I have a boyfriend and he is 28 years old and we have been together for 4 and almost a half years. He was with me at the doctors appointment on the 22nd when I got the test results and they said I have Lupus. I am in love with collecting stuffed animals and beanie babies, my favorite being ty. I also have a small collection of porcelian dolls and some plastic dolls compared to my stuffed animal and beanie baby collection is very small. I also collect snowglobes and have atleast 20. I just got out of a homeless shelter after staying there for one week short of a year. I am living in free housing right now in my own apartment. I wish I had a place with my boyfriend but he doesn't have the money, he currently lives with his parents. He just recently put a ring for me on layaway from kay's I was there when he did it cuz I picked it out. It's a Leo diamond and it was on sale for $999 and it was originally around $1,200. That makes me really happy. I like shiney things. I have 2 rings from him already but none even close to as expensive as this. One is an aquamarine ring with some diamond chips and one is a sapphire ring with diamond chips. Each only cost around $300. I like texting alot and going on mocospace and a phone chat room called PowerChat. I like going swimming. I am interested in the paranormal and watch all kinds of ghost shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures and Haunted Collector and all kinds of others. Like Fact or faked? Paranormal files. I am afraid of aliens coming in my apartment and abducting me.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Angelwings,

I just wanted to say hello, and welcome to WHL.

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family. You are very young and already dealing with so much from life. Being homeless, in a shelter and now in free housing. And then, on top of all that, to be told that you now have a chronic disease.
    I am glad to hear that you have a supportive boyfriend who loves you and wants to marry you. That is very important in helping you to remain positive and focused so that you can do what is necessary to make your life manageable with this disease.

I would suggest that you read as much as you can here (especially the stickys as they are filled with great information), learn as much as you can about the disease, its symptoms, its medications, and how it affects you. Your best weapon in fighting the symptoms of this disease is knowledge, a positive attitude, reduced stress, and a willingness to make the necessary lifestyle changes.

We are here to help you in all of those areas. Please know that there is always someone available here when you need us. Again, welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Angelwngs23,
    You sound like me when I was dx July of last year. Im still learning about this disease beacause it is quite complex. Just dont panic. if you.can manage to get it under control it will not shorten your life. Many ppl has had ir for 30+ yrs sadly but they have learned how to avoid things that may cause a flare up. And yes your life will change.a bit. You just have to be a little more cautious of certain thing you know can hurt you. Like sun, over working.and not enough rest. Aslo may be many more. For you first appt. With rhemy just.have.a list of questions you have and make sure you ask everything. They can be a big help. Sorry I dont have all the answers but I am more than happy to help however I can. Im here if you would like someone yo talk to Take it a day at a time. Please.dont sress yourself out!
    Fran
    Diagnosed with Lupus July 19, 2011 Lupus nephritis stage 3 and taking 20mg prednisone, IV Retuxan and citoxan once a month.
    Vitamin D 50,000uI,1000Mg cellcept,5Mg lisinopril,200Mg labetalol,325 Mg ferrous sulfate

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi angelwngs23

Love the name by the way, sucks you have to be diagnose with such an awful illness but at least you have an answer. Im reading your post and all I can think to myself is what a strong woman to obviously have a tough time in life but continue to find happiness. Glad you have a stong support sysytem in your boyfriend because this disease will take an emotional toll on you, from the pain to the meds and drs.appt. My number one advice is to get a doctor that listens to you not only as a patient but a person. Look for a dr. like you shop for a pair of shoes , you keep trying one on until you find the perfect one . gooodnight and a pain free day

hugs slim

Thanks

Hi Kristina,
    You are very welcome here at WHL. We have many young members like you who are going through the same things.
    You are so lucky to have such a supportive boyfriend. As you learn about your disease, be sure to encourage him to learn with you.
    His knowledge and support will be very valuable to you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

hello and welcome to whl family we are here for you.