Thread: Was just told I have Lupus on the 22nd.

Thanks

Unhappy Was just told I have Lupus on the 22nd.

I was told I have Lupus on the 22nd by my doctor. He is sending me to see a Rheumatologist. So I wanted to have other people to understand what I am going through. I am scared. Please help me.

Thanks

Angel,

First, I am sorry you have been diagnosed with lupus. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness is a scary thing. But, I am glad you found us, because you have found a group of folks who can definitely understand what you're going through. Also, the threads here -- going back years -- are a wealth of information about lupus and autoimmune disease, treatments, symptoms, coping, experience, and just life in general. I'd highly recommend you start browsing through them if you haven't already.

I'm glad you're here!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Derrie For This Useful Post:

Angelwngs23 (06-24-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL. I know it is a scary thing to be told that you have this disease but know this... having Lupus is no longer a death sentence like it was 50 years ago. There are meds now that will most likely allow you to live a basically normal life. It often takes the meds some time to work but we will be here to help with tips along the way. You are now a part of the WHL family and you are no longer alone
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Angelwngs23 (06-24-2012)

Thanks

Welcome to WHL. We're here to help so that it won't be so scary. Read through the stickys and any old threads that interest you and ask lots of questions. Arm yourself with lots of information before you see the rheumy.
    Hugs,
    Marla

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Angelwngs23 (06-24-2012)

Thanks

Smile Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Derrie View Post
    Angel,

First, I am sorry you have been diagnosed with lupus. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness is a scary thing. But, I am glad you found us, because you have found a group of folks who can definitely understand what you're going through. Also, the threads here -- going back years -- are a wealth of information about lupus and autoimmune disease, treatments, symptoms, coping, experience, and just life in general. I'd highly recommend you start browsing through them if you haven't already.

I'm glad you're here!
    Thank you for the understanding. I think I might just go back and read all the previous threads.

Thanks

Smile Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Hi and welcome to WHL. I know it is a scary thing to be told that you have this disease but know this... having Lupus is no longer a death sentence like it was 50 years ago. There are meds now that will most likely allow you to live a basically normal life. It often takes the meds some time to work but we will be here to help with tips along the way. You are now a part of the WHL family and you are no longer alone
    Thank you for being so understanding. I hope to see the Rheumatologist soon and get my meds.

Thanks

Smile Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Welcome to WHL. We're here to help so that it won't be so scary. Read through the stickys and any old threads that interest you and ask lots of questions. Arm yourself with lots of information before you see the rheumy.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Thank you for being here for me.