Thread: Hello--1st post

Thanks

Default Hello--1st post

Hi, as you can probably tell by my name, I'm trying to stay positive here that my tests don't mean lupus necessarily and I've come here to listen and learn. Thanks for your time.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

please tell us a little more about yourself.
    that way we may be able to assist you more.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

NoLupus (06-23-2012)

Thanks

Hello. Ok. I've had strange symptoms since '94 but I now suspect it really started with a rash on my hands in '89.

In a nutshell, in addition to many other things too numermous to list, I have a lot of pain all over my body--like stabbing pain. Sometimes burning, stabbing, sometimes dull and achy. Sometimes muscle and joint, sometimes internal, like different organs it feels like. I was diagnosed with fibro about 8 years ago and also small blood vessel disease of the brain. I have many positive ANAs and most recently, an elevated double stranded DNA. Before the dsDNA, my doc asked me if I've ever been diagnosed with lupus but did not diagnose me with it. She now wants me to see a rheumy.

How's that?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL. The majority of us go years without getting a diagnosis so you are not alone. There is no actual "test for lupus" so basically they have to rule out everything else in order to diagnose Lupus. I think it is a great thing that you are going to see a Rheumy. Hopefully he/she will be able to help you find the answers that you are looking for as well as get you on the course to feeling better!

We will be here for you while you try to find your answers. We are glad to have you as part of the WHL family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~