Thread: sweet taste in mouth

Thanks

Default sweet taste in mouth

So I've been having this sweet taste around my gum lines for a couple of weeks now, at first I thought I was left over residue from some fried oreos my son made (yum and discusting at the same time) lol, but c'mon i've brushed and flossed and brushed and flossed again and again, that can't possibly be after weeks and weeks. It's making me crazy!

Anybody else?
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

Linda,
    Have you had your blood checked for glucose? That sort of thing just makes me think of diabetes.
    All you need is one more thing, right?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Tell me about it, I haven't lately. The last time I did my dr said I was pre-diabetic. I did a little google and basically thats what it points too. I didn't look too into it, I dont want to "diagnose" myself with anything.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

Linda,
    Get the lab work done ASAP. Also, get very educated about your diet. If you are catching it early enough, you might be able to control it with diet.
    Do you follow Paula Deen on Food Network? She was dx'd with it and has changed her food point of view. She's already lost a lot of weight and is having some success with controlling her diabetes.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Actually I called my primary yesterday and he wanted me to come in right away, he did a stick test and my blood was at a normal level. He seems to think it's from starting topamax, it says 2% may experience a change in taste, im not sure if thats the same as what Im feeling. I am however a little more at ease that diabetes can be ruled out ruled for the moment.