Thread: New to the Forum

Thanks

Default New to the Forum

Hi Everyone-

My name is Jenny and I'm 29 yrs old. I was diagnosed with Lupus in March of 2007 after a super scary stint in the hospital pretty much clarified what the culprit was. Since then I would say that I have been very fortunate in the flare area. Only a couple minor ones, and others that can be cured with a little sleep and relaxation. The hardest part for me after being diagnosed...and still continues to be: people namely friends and family who don't understand what's wrong with you. Where if you make a decision to not go out to dinner with friends or not go to that concert or stay home and sleep off your cruddy feeling they make you feel guilty for it. It has gotten better over the course of the last few years but is still bothersome. Which is why I am here.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

First let me welcome you to WHL. We are so glad that you joined us. Making people understand about our disease is one of the hardest parts and we do discuss it often. Welcome to WHL and welcome to our family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi jenny, and welcome,

2 things that havehelped many of us are:

http://notdoneliving.net/openletter/cfsfibro

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ar...e-miserandino/

i hope you and your friends can relate toone of these.

Thanks

Hi Jenny,
    Welcome to WHL. Read through some of the old threads and you will find that many of us have dealt with the same issue.
    My friends and family aren't so bad about it. For me, it's the doctors who tell me that there's nothing wrong with me, or that I'm a hypochondriac, or that I would be cured if I lost 20 lbs. People who aren't compassionate about invisible disabilities really make me mad.
    Hugs,
    Marla