Thread: waking up really hot

Thanks

Default waking up really hot

I am not currently on prednisone nor do I feel like I'm flaring but for the last two weeks I'm waking up on fire, not sweaty, just really really hot. In the past, when I'm flaring I will wake up with horrible night sweats but I'm not sweaty, just burning hot. I am 44, so I thought maybe perimenpause but sometimes it i don't know what to say could be lupus and what's not. Anyone else experience this?

TIA

Runnergirl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Errrmm are you on any blood pressure meds, I know that does that.

Thanks

Waves hand - ME! I've been doing this for several years, and since I'm 54 the docs just love to blame it on menopause. However, we've had a lot of discussions about this here, and we've had 19 year olds and men having the same symptoms. It seems to be Lupus and/or AI disease related.
    We made the stupid mistake of buying a $1400 mattress that has a thin layer of tempur-pedic foam on it because my husband loves it for his bad back.
    I HATE that mattress. My hips hurt, so I have a rough time turning over. I get stuck in one spot, and I wake up horribly sweaty. My nights are miserable.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I am not on blood pressure meds. Getting so hot at night just makes for a miserbale nights sleep and I am married to a man that does heating and air conditioning for a living so my home is very comfortable. It makes me wonder when the joint pain is gonna start )=

Thanks

I know what you mean. Where we live, air conditioning is totally unnecessary. Our bedroom is always 61-65 degrees. My hubby sleeps wrapped up in the covers. I spend half the night on top of them because I'm so sweaty.