Thread: Still going well

Thanks

Default Still going well

Dylan had an infusion on Tuesday along with clinic visit and an echo. Labs were good!!! WBC was high than normal, but I'll take it. His creatinine hasn't been above a 1.9 since his hospital stay in March! Been between 1.5 and 1.7! I know that seems high to most people, but that's very good for him!! His kidneys work about 50%. Blood pressures are still up and down and not consistant. No changes though with any meds yet. Cataract surgeries went good!!! He'll get his new prescription once we get back from vacation. Got him some cheaters though. lol!!

He was told also that next year (he'll be a freshman) he will not being doing English 9, he'll be in English 10!! Long story but his class is very good, and they're gonna push them. They're kinda guinnea pigs. Goes by test scores.

He started baseball yesterday, but will miss about 2 weeks of practice and games. We leave today for a family vacation out west! In my 20 years of being with my husband and the 14 years since the kids have been around, we have NEVER been on a vacation. We are going with my sister and her kids, my mom (who has alzheimer's due to meds) my other sisters kids and we'll be meeting my aunt and cousins there. A little nervous, but looking forward to a nice getaway!

Anyways, thanks for letting me rant a bit!! Hope you all have a great summer!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

enjoy your vacation.

thanks for the update.

Thanks

Leah,
    I'm glad that Dylan is doing well and I hope that it continues.
    Enjoy your trip! I hope that you get as far west as the west coast of California. I live within sight of the ocean, and it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Seeing more of the world will be a wonderful, mind-expanding thing for your family.
    Hugs,
    Marla