Thread: Couple of questions

Thanks

Default Couple of questions

Hi i have just been diagnosed with 'probable lupus' - rheumy didn't want to 100% confirm so that new symptoms are investigated rather than all blamed on lupus.
    I have a flexor tendon nodule on my right hand middle finger that's grown so much he can't believe i can straighten my finger at all, but it is very painful. He says i need it removed but that it probably won"t help with diagnosis. I don't know if it will hurt to be removed because i'm scared of needles too. I can't find much info on it. He also said i'm no more likely to get another one.
    I also have been getting a lot of pain in what i assume is my tendons in my hands and in my feet, my ankles hurt at the front and back and it hurts a lot to move my foot round ( i can't go up and down stairs). The rheumy doesn't know why and i have been referred back to my gp now, but he didn't even know sun would make things worse so not sure how much help he will be!

Sorry it's long but any information or experiences appreciated! Thank you x

Thanks

Welcome to WHL! That does sound painful. I've never had tendon pain so I can't be much help there. I hope someone can help with that one. Please make yourself at home.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

hi pink princess,
    i am having a bad brain fog day.
    so i cannot answer any questions.....
    but i did want to say hi.

Thanks

Hi Pink Princess,
    Welcome to WHL. I've had lots of tendon pain too. I would point out the spot near my elbow or my hand near the base of my thumb to the rheumy and her reply has always been "Oh, that's just tendonitis - take a NSAID and rest it". She ignores it, but I know that it can be really painful. My hands have been hurting so bad lately that I have a hard time holding onto things - and opening a jar is nearly impossible!
    I hope that you get some answers.
    Hugs,
    Marla