Thread: I'm Lost...Help :(

Thanks

Unhappy I'm Lost...Help :(

Hi Everyone! I am new to this site. Just got diagnosed with Lupus. I'm kind of lost because I am trying to find a support group. Or I need someone to talk to that understands. I have a very unloving husband who does not support me at all with this illness. He thinks that it's a bunch of crap and that I use Lupus as an excuse to be lazy. He never helps me out with anything. He is always mean to me, talks to me in a rude and sarcastic way. He is very selfish and immature. He constantly cusses and yells at our kids for everything. I am always in a lot of pain and always tired with no energy. Sometimes I get absent minded and struggle with my words when I talk. He gets really upset and irritated with me. I am under soooo much stress with two small kids. I try to do the best I can. I tried to explain to him what i can't help the way i feel and that I just don't have the energy anymore. He just won't make it work and support me. I feel very alone and lost. Anybody else going through this? My husband has been treating me like this for 6 years. It all started right after we got married. I don't think he can handle a marriage and the responsibility of having a family. And now that we find out I have Lupus it's like he doesn't even care. I feel like i'm a burden to him. I am so depressed that I can't be happy enough for my kids. I don't want them to see me so sad and in pain from the illness and from the way i get treated by my husband

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeMom View Post
    Hi Everyone! I am new to this site. Just got diagnosed with Lupus. I'm kind of lost because I am trying to find a support group. Or I need someone to talk to that understands. I have a very unloving husband who does not support me at all with this illness. He thinks that it's a bunch of crap and that I use Lupus as an excuse to be lazy. He never helps me out with anything. He is always mean to me, talks to me in a rude and sarcastic way. He is very selfish and immature. He constantly cusses and yells at our kids for everything. I am always in a lot of pain and always tired with no energy. Sometimes I get absent minded and struggle with my words when I talk. He gets really upset and irritated with me. I am under soooo much stress with two small kids. I try to do the best I can. I tried to explain to him what i can't help the way i feel and that I just don't have the energy anymore. He just won't make it work and support me. I feel very alone and lost. Anybody else going through this? My husband has been treating me like this for 6 years. It all started right after we got married. I don't think he can handle a marriage and the responsibility of having a family. And now that we find out I have Lupus it's like he doesn't even care. I feel like i'm a burden to him. I am so depressed that I can't be happy enough for my kids. I don't want them to see me so sad and in pain from the illness and from the way i get treated by my husband
    No, he is a burden to you. Best wishes Cupcake. I hope you can sort through this. WHL is a good support system.

Thanks

Hi CupcakeMom,

Welcome! Unfortunately a lot of us are dealing with similar issues. Try and read through some of the new member posts and you will see that you are most definitely not alone.

I hope that you find the support you need here.
    Best wishes,

M

Lupus, Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, Pernio (Chilblains)
    Plaquenil, Amlodipine

Thanks

Hi Cupcake,
    Welcome to WHL. I hope that you will find that the support here will help a bit.
    We're all glad to be here for each other.
    Hugs,
    Marla