Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad fall in the night

Thanks

Unhappy Bad fall in the night

I've been a bit shook up today because I had a really bad fall in the middle of the night.
    Lately, I can only sleep for two hours at a time and then must get up to go to the restroom every two hours.
    Last night, I was headed to the restroom at about 12:40. I got as far as the door to the bedroom, when my legs spasmed and I fell hard.
    I bounced off of my right hip and my head even hit the hardwood floor. Of course, the whole reason that I was up was because of a full bladder, so that caused a bit of an embarrassing mess, too.
    Jeff woke up with a start and ran to help me. My dog and both cats hurried down the hall to see what was going on. Jeff helped me to get across the hall to the restroom, and I shakily cleaned up. It took me a while to stop shaking after we got back to bed. My legs continued to spasm all night.
    My right hip and the entire right side of my body has been stiff and sore all day today. I also found a little tender spot on the side of my head where my head had hit the floor.
    I've been a worthless slug all day today, but I'm finally feeling better.
    I'm going to be evaluated for possible Spastic Paraplegia in July. The way that my legs are spasming and the muscles in my calves and thighs are continually getting tighter makes me think that it might be what is going on.
    Just thought that I'd let you know about my latest excitement.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Oh Marla I am so sorry you fell! I know it shook you up and that you are sore but I am really glad it wasn't worse! I also understand the embarrassing part! That was one of the hardest things for me I accept, and even tell my doctors about, when my seizures started! Something about being an adult and having to "clean yourself up" is mentally hard to deal with.

I neeally glad you have that appointment in July. Hopefully you get some answers then
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I'm sorry to hear this Marla. I know how you feel. I fell hard in my kitchen a couple of years ago when one of my legs quit working. Got a nice scar on my noggin from that one.

Please take it easy, get some rest, and let your body heal.

Thanks

:-(
    That just plain SUCKS. I am so sorry! Bad enough to be getting such interrupted sleep all the time, but when stuff like that happens in the middle of the night it always feels extra-scary for some reason.

I hope you get some answers and hopefully also effective treatment for whatever is going on....keep us updated. And speedy healing!

In the meantime, pull out the pajama-print helmet, kneepads, and elbow pads for sleepy-time... :-P

Thanks

oh marla sorry this happened to you hope you get some answers soon. i had similiar experience a few years ago only the paramedics had to be called to help me and administer pain relief i messed myself and felt embarrassed. take care my friend luv kim

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

cyber hugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Oh M, I am so sorry to hear about this!

First, it must've been very scary to go through this and then the humiliation of wetting oneself. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I know you've been battling incontinence, paralysis and balance issues for some time. I can only hope that July will finally bring you some answers and some treatment--at last.

My thoughts are with you....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla,
    I am sorry to hear you fell and hope you are resting and feel a little better each day.Thinking of you.
    love
    Amanda.x
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

How are you doing today Marla?

I hope you're feeling better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh I am soooo sorry! Gentle hugs and prayers your way.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"