Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mom in hospital, and crazy people

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Mom in hospital, and crazy people

I can not believe the day that I have had and it is barely 2 pm. Early this morning my mom called she couldn't reach my dad he was at their other house working, she could barely talk to me but I got that my dad or brother was not home. My mom is in stage 3 kidney failure. I live about 50 miles away from my parents. All I could do was call for an ambulance and head her way. Luckily husband was home heard what was going on and jumped in his truck and headed her way. I had to get dress and stayed on the phone with her til the ambulance got their. I knew where they would take her so I headed towards the hospital, my husband set out to find my dad.

I saw the ambulance arrive at the hospital so I headed in, now this is where the story turns crazy, I ran into the hospital and ask the lady behind the window about my mom she was getting the information when I noticed a guy sitting in a chair. I briefly made small talk while the women was getting information about my mom. She told me the doctor was checking her out I could see her in a few. I told the lady I was going to step back outside and call my dad. I also needed smoke. I walk out the door not thinking anything was going to happen next but the guy that was sitting in the waiting room when I came in followed me out side. I didn't think nothing of it but I did make note that he was wearing a brown shirt and blue jeans, and white shoes now I am glad that I made a mental note of that. It was very important for what would later be needed to id the man. I called my dad talk to him for a few and the lite a smoke the guy ask for a smoke I gave him one, even gave him my lighter. He handed it back and said thanks. No big deal at this point. what happen next was where it went wired. I was wearing my flip flops the next thing I know the guy jumped on the ground and started kissing my feet, I freaked out and jump away, I knew then and there I needed to get away from him I proceeded to walk away when he unzipped his pants and came after me. All I could think was that I needed to run and run back in the hospital. I mean lite cigarette and all I didn't care at this point. Half way through running through the door I realized I still had it and throw it down. I ran up t the window and went to telling the lady what happen.She ask where he went and I saw what looked like him leaving. That's when I showed her were he was going, and I turned back around and he was behind me again. she went to get help and he was trying to get up on me when I went for the ER doors that were locked another nurse saw what was going on and unlocked the doors and snatched me in the ER and ask if I was ok. I was like WTH I can't believe what just happen the police and hospital security came, the got it on tape but the problem is He was with his parents now I was told the man was over 30 but parents have custody of him and that he has a mental problem. Here is my concern the why the hell was someone not watching this fool.

I was just glad that my mom did hear what was going on. I had to call my husband and he was mad over what happen and said on hell no, no body going to hurt you, I am on the way he and my dad got there quick and my husband talked to the police and everything, we go tomorrow to get a warrant on him, the police kept the tapes to show to the judge.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Lea,
    Wow, that was weird, but at least you are ok and you have plenty of witnesses and proof. The guy is unstable and if his parents can't handle him, they need to seek help.
    I hope that your Mom is doing better.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Marla, I agree if they can't handle him, he needs help.Someone should have been watching him I mean both parents were there and neither of them were watching him. Mom is doing better she may have to be operated on again, she has had several blockages, And they can't seem to solve the issue. She is still at stage 3 in her kidney failure so that is good. We will know more in the morning when we talk to the surgeon.
    I will keep everyone posted. Thanks
    Lea
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We filled for a warrant today, and head to court with the creepy foot fetish guy.
    Lea
    Medication

Thanks

Lea,
    Good luck - that's all you need - more stress.
    How's Mom?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so happy that mom may get out of the hospital today, there are going to do one more x ray and see how it looks and if it is still good she goes home. She already has her tube out of her nose, which is good cause she hates that, and I hate to see her like that. She must be feeling better, cause she was mad with my dad cause he was taking a business trip down towards the beach and she was mad that she couldn't go, dad don't usually go anywhere without mom, but he kind of had no choice this time. I do however wish dad would give up working I mean the man is 69 years old and he is still trying to work as if he were 30.
    Lea
    Medication

Thanks

Lea,
    Some people are happier and healthier if they keep working. That's why my hubby is knocking himself out to get a PHD at the age of 55. He intends to use it to teach on the college level as a "retirement job" after he retires from his current job. He's not happy unless his mind and body are active.
    Your Dad may be like that, too.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mom is suppose to get out of the hospital today, They say no surgery for now but we all know that she is going to have to do it sometime in the near future. I am just glad that she gets to go home. As far as my dad goes, I think he feels like if he stops working he will give up and die. He has always been one to work from sun up to sun down but dang he needs to take time for him self before he causes him self problems, he has a lot to deal with with my mom and my brother is home and he his some what mentally disabled so it has to be hard on him and now he worries about me with my lupus, it can't be easy on him worrying about everyone.
    Lea
    Medication

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

lea,
    i have a few friends that believe if they stop work, they will die.
    they cannot see themselves as a retired person.
    it is not becomming for frequent, just being spoken about more freely.

if your dad does fit this cattegory.....
    he will need a new passion to follow before he will allow himself to retire.
    robs dad had his car restoration passion to retire into.
    hopefully you can help your dad find his passion.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Steve,
    We feel that he has found his passion, in gardening, he just bought a farm about a year ago, He loves it and spends a lot of time there, but we still can not get him to give up his working. I will say that he has cut back some but not as much as I would like him to. He feels like he has so many people to take care of. We are trying to convince him to take my mom on a vacation when she is well enough again to travel, he says that he would but would only do it for a day or so, We want them to go away for a week and not worry about work, home family ect.
    Lea
    Medication