Thread: Happy endings arent pretend.

Thanks

Default Happy endings arent pretend.

I have to say to people with SLE lupus nephritis like myself, or any other type of shocking lupus (all of them) to keep believing in the best outcome. I still have to stop and think in amazement often to how well im STILL doing! and NO signs of it going off track this time!

Ive been in remission for over a year now, my urine tests remain brilliant (even better than normal), lupus markers as asleep as I was when I was at my sickest! I had severely screwed up kidneys, with a good 75mg prednisolone and years of a terrible immune system.

The depression of being a teenager in hospital with crap in my veins and machines all around me, all the holes in walls, incredible anger and depression resulting in coppers coming, the unexplainable stress in every facet of the body and mind.

Now I play football, Australian football which is a full contact sport with heavy bumps and tackling. I gym mondays train tuesdays gym wednesdays train thursdays and play saturdays.....lupus doesnt 100% mean its over. Even at my sickest I believed I would get to normality....i would talk to other lupus patients online or on the phone......and when I said im confident i can get to my normal self they would respond with something like " .....hmmm well at least you have a good attitude"(doubting me severly) and it made me angry as all hell. I didnt just have a good attiude I had the grit and determination to say "no way in hell is this gonna rule my life" even after flare ups and more steroids and more kidney biopsys I thought...I will keep trying to do everything I can and I believe docs will get drugs right and my body will respond at some point.

If i can help 1 bloody person than im stoked, because thats the only reason im writing this, in the event someone takes some positives from it.

I just imagine the person somewhere reading this whos still on all the drugs, all the bad test results, all the symptoms under the sun and I hope to god they turn out ok. Lifes too short to lose hope. Please keep believing people =[

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hating_that_pred For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (05-31-2012), Codi98 (06-02-2012), Corella (06-01-2012), Derrie (06-01-2012), Leahc (06-04-2012), magistramarla (06-03-2012), rob (06-01-2012), SleepyInSeattle (06-01-2012), steve.b (06-02-2012), tgal (05-31-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thanks for that post! That is one of the reasons we are here! So glad that you are still doing well!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

That's awesome to hear!!!!! I also have high expectations. I don't know if they'll pan out or not, but I simply refuse to accept a life that is less than optimal. It may be complicated getting there, but I will strive for excellent health DESPITE the challenges of this crap. It is great to hear you are doing so well.

Even when we have setbacks, I think it's important to reach for good health as our ultimate goal, and recognize that things CAN get better.

Thanks

10 years after being dx'd and getting my meds working and my body working I completed a 1/2 marathon!!!! I wasn't the slowest person on the course either! I'm with you on postitive attitude, it's my best attribute and I'm hoping to do a full marathon in the next year or so, i just train much slower than others and keep myself in check. Keep the hope alive!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to runnergirl68 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (06-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i have had good days, and bad days.
    currently they are more bad than good.

but we need to be reminded that there is hope.
    thank you for sharing.

i am truely happy for you.

Thanks

It's good to see you here again and even better to read your joyous, positive post.
    Keep doing what you are doing.
    Hugs,
    Marla