Thread: Just thought i'd gripe alittle

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Just thought i'd gripe alittle

I have the worst freaking heartburn for the past two days and nothing is helping....mahhhh why do I spend money on good pills if they don't work sometimes. It feels like someone poured a bowl of acid down my stomach and is currently creating hole in there. Also my blood pressure has been high for the past month like really high, right now it's like 144/95 thats been the average. I already called the doctor and she gave a another med that worked for all of 3 days and now I really don't want to call again because then she might ask me to come in and I know she won't be happy and try to convince me yet again that im crazy and i'd pay all that money for nothing to be accomplished. I hate my doctor soooo much, just saying.
    Also on top of all this im currently in charge of my grandmothers medical stuff and searching for the right nursing home. It's not so bad really just finally glad she stopped being so stubborn about getting help, and she does. Oh and she's convinced all the medical people are changing her pills behind her back just to mess with her and that they're trying to kill her. Just another normal day in my grandparents house. Well don't mind me I just wanted to whine a bit.

Oh and one question, does anyone get a lot of ear infections? Not just inside the ear but outside too.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Mica,

So sorry you are having a bad day. I know what I am going to tell you is going to sound crazy but get an apple. Grate it into a bowl. Let it set for 20 to 30 minutes (until it starts turning brown). Eat about half of it. If it doesn't seem to help after 20 min or so then eat the rest. This works REALLY well for upset stomachs but it also works for indigestion and GERD sometimes also.

You really need to get the blood pressure taken care of. Remember, Lupus can attack any part of the body and uncontrolled blood pressure can lead to heart attack and stroke. I understand not wanting to go but it is important. Also, why don't you get another doctor if you hate yours so badly? I say FIRE one and get another if they are not doing their job. Remember, they work FOR you and sometimes they need to be reminded of that
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (06-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Hi Mica,

So sorry you are having a bad day. I know what I am going to tell you is going to sound crazy but get an apple. Grate it into a bowl. Let it set for 20 to 30 minutes (until it starts turning brown). Eat about half of it. If it doesn't seem to help after 20 min or so then eat the rest. This works REALLY well for upset stomachs but it also works for indigestion and GERD sometimes also.

You really need to get the blood pressure taken care of. Remember, Lupus can attack any part of the body and uncontrolled blood pressure can lead to heart attack and stroke. I understand not wanting to go but it is important. Also, why don't you get another doctor if you hate yours so badly? I say FIRE one and get another if they are not doing their job. Remember, they work FOR you and sometimes they need to be reminded of that

Thanks i'm going to try that, I also heard bananas work too. About my doctor there is only like one more doctor that would treat lupus in a 200 mile radius. With the no insurance right now I can't change yet and if I could I think I will have to start going out of town. It's a frustrating situation because I had to stick with her for 5 years because she was the only one that would take a juvenile then I just didn't bother because the third Rheumy I wanted to get into moved.

Thanks

I have a great med for GERD, but it's very expensive without insurance. SLE and Sjogren's has impacted my digestive system the worst. I had a bit of heartburn only when I was pregnant with my third child--and then AI diseases hit and now I can't survive without Dexilant Prior to the wonder drug I thought I had tried everything, except Mari's suggestion. Let me know how that works for you.

Thanks

I don't know how much Prilosec OTC is but could you try that? I got a prescription for it and it helps alot for me with the acid reflex.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit2 View Post
    I don't know how much Prilosec OTC is but could you try that? I got a prescription for it and it helps alot for me with the acid reflex.
    Yea i'm on that, or something really close to it. I used to be on nexium, which worked great, but couldn't afford it anymore.