Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never say things are going well

Thanks

Default Never say things are going well

I say things like "everything is finally looking up" "things are really going well" and thats when it all hits the fan, without fail. So from now on I'm just not going to jinx myself by saying that life is looking up with good doctor appointments and getting to go down on my steroids and all that. I lowered my dose and went out and did too much not thinking that I should probably take it slow for a few days while lowering the dose. My body hates me. I feel like poop. My boyfriend is moving and has to be out by tomorrow and is stressing me out to the point I want to scream and just rip my hair out. I'm upset because I feel useless because I can't help him because I really don't feel good, and he's making me feel worse for feeling bad about it and told me to "pretend to be happy to keep him from losing it" because he's so stressed out. This has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Im sorry your going through this, totally sucks and the timing is horrible. I have no words about your boyfriend because I just ignore people and go to bed when people are like that. I hope things get better, lupus can really suck at times like that.

Thanks

It has been one of those days and I left a group I was apart of on facebook where there were usually people around to talk to so thats why I haven't been here as much. They all went nuts and I decided that them raising my already high heart rate was not worth what I occassionally get out of them. So I actually left an arguement! lol very unlike me I usually always have to have the last word but I knew it was literally too much for my challenged body today because it doens't seem to know up from down at the moment. I have been feeling so good for the past 2 weeks almost and then I push it while lowering my meds and poof I feel like poop again. Im hoping that after a few days I'm going to stop noticing the stuff thats coming from being on a lower dose. I'm just aggravated with my usually understanding boyfriend because its like all the sudden he really needs something so he's forgotten that even if I was still feeling good, I couldn't be helping him move furniture and stuff! I went to bed early last night and slept til after 1 today and was still tired and hurting all day today, and he thought I was going to drive over in the rain might I add to help him because he waited until the last minute and didn't have a backup plan for when his flakey family bailed on him. I feel bad for him and I know its been a bad week for him but saying I was his last option or he might get fired put the stress on pretty thick.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ha whenever I say things are going well, somebody seems to grab that and hang onto it and use it on me if they need something and I want to say no. Then they make me out to be the bad person....sigh.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

My boyfriend brought over a peace offering of food today, which sadly always works when I'm not feeling good lol I now have yummy frozen coffee goodness to keep me up a few more hours before I plan on going to sleep. My cousin/friends graduation is tomorrow morning so I have to get up early. Then my brother has his first basketballl game tomorrow night and I have my cousins grad party on Sunday. Such a busy weekend for not feeling the best. I'm just hoping that after a few more days my body will be ok again. I'm hoping its just getting use to going down on the steroids, not that it is getting sick because the dose is too low. I suppose its a waiting game.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

may i offer hugs and icecream.
    unfortunatelly they are cyber ones.

but the offering is there.

sorry the facebook group are .......
    but your cyber family here care about you too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ritzbit2 (06-03-2012)

Thanks

Hey Ritz,
    I hope that your weekend has gotten better. There are lots of good things happening, but lots of stress, too. I hope that you've found a balance.
    We're always glad to be here for you when you need us.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

ritzbit2 (06-03-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.b View Post
    may i offer hugs and icecream.
    unfortunatelly they are cyber ones.

but the offering is there.

sorry the facebook group are .......
    but your cyber family here care about you too.
    I always stick around here because I love you guys so much but for my daily complaints I usually stuck with my facebook group because I already spend most of my day on there as sad as that may sound lol And I had a nice weekend, despite having a waiter spill drinks on me last night. I'm just so wore out.

For my female lupies out there has anyone suddenly noticed that they get really sick feeling the week before/week of their period? I've had nurses and my rheum ask me that when I first started seeing them but never have I had bad periods until the last few months. I at first thought it was a one time kind of thing but its been a recurring problem for 3 months now. Anyone else have this happen pretty much out of the blue? I don't know if I should bring it up to a doctor and if so which one of my many would deal with it. Rheum or gyno or GP?

Thanks

Omg!!! Ok first, I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a sucky week or so. I'm sending much love your way. Here's a hug
    \0/. And I totally know what you mean about saying things are great and then the crap hitting the fan. My last chemo session, my infusion nurse asked about pain and I swear I was having a great physical day. There was pain but not enough to Harper on. Well, I told the nurse this...bad idea! The very next day I felt like crap. I too have been tapering down, and also have been more active in the lab and with other stuff. Add that to stress from school/work and you know it equals trouble. Im like you, I won't say I'm feeling great again. Lol. On another note I have been having the issue at the onset of my cycle. Wednesday marked the 3rd time in the last 3 months I had to leave work early because of extreme pain and vomiting. I spoke with my infusion nurse the next day and she told me to makean appt with my OB/GYN. She said it may be something more. I'm also going to ask my Rheumy. I've had a history of terrible period symptoms, but these last few months take the cake. I hope I can find out something soon. If your doc gives you any info sooner and you don't mind sharing, please do. I hope you feel better and that things are looking up.

Carli

Thanks

Ritz and Carli,
    Both of you girls should see your gyno. My daughter has those kinds of symptoms, and she's had to have surgery for endometriosis three times.
    Get it checked!
    Hugs,
    Marla