Thread: Plaquenil side effects wired

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Plaquenil side effects wired

Does anyone have any wired side effects from taking plaquenil. First off the issue was when I first started taking in it interacted with my metsformin and caused a reaction with my husband when we had sex. The doctor said that was strange but when I stopped taking the metsformin it stopped. Then there have been other sex issues since I started the plaquenil. It is getting very aggravating. I have talked to my doctor several times but there is not much that we can do since they don't want to take me off of it.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Lea,
    I can't help you there. The only issues that Plaquenil has given me are stomach issues. Sometimes my tummy is still a bit touchy at night, but a position change usually takes care of that issue.
    Could you get your gyno into this conversation? Perhaps she/he can figure out if it is the Plaquenil causing it or not.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We had 3 doctors look into this and have determined that the plaquenil was the cause of it and some other issues, They just say that this is the first case they have heard of with any kind of side effects that have to do with sex. I am doing so good on the plaquenil that they want change it to something else at this point. But we are trying to figure out how to fix the problems. Other than these problems the plaquenil is great.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline