Thread: Anyone happy with Celebrex?

Thanks

Unhappy Anyone happy with Celebrex?

I've started taking Celebrex for my joint pains. I was having pain severe enough to wake me up at night. I haven't had a night like that since starting Celebrex, but I don't feel much relief either. My wrists and ankles KILL me. Morning, all day, and night. I don't have any swelling (which almost ticks me off, because maybe it would give some validity to my pain) but they are in a constant ache. I don't know if I'm aloud to take aleve or anythig like that later in the day when I'm guessing the Celebrex where's off. I think I might ask for something stronger when I see the PCP in a few weeks.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i have used celebrex for about 3 years, i am happy with it.
    my wife uses celebrex for her swollen joints also.
    she is happy with the results.

how many capsules do you take.
    it is reccommended that 1 tablet is used for minor inflamation.
    up to 3 capsules a day may be required if inflamation is severe.

speak to your doctor about dosages.

Thanks

Okay, I think I'll have to do that. It may be helping and I just don't know it. Did it take a few days to start kicking in? I'm only on my 5th day.

Thanks for the info!
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes im on celebrex and thought it wasnt working till i forgot to take it lol. It just takes the edge off but doesnt get rid of all the discomfort.I also may need to ask the doctor to increase it.

love
    Amanda.x
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-28-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I take 200mgs/2day, it takes a while to get into your system for full theraputic effect and when I get miserable during the day i will take 1000 mgs of tylenol. My wrists and ankles are problems for me but no swelling here either!

Hugs,
    LenaT14

Thanks

I'm on it and very happy with it. Since I've had SLE for 24 years, I am pretty sure I"ve been on just about everything. Was on Lodiene when things started going downhill in March. Over the last few months, I went to Mobic, did a solu medrol dose pack, as well as a couple of toradol shots. The last drug they tried was celebrex and although it didn't do anything for my shoulders (replacement is only fix at this stage- right replaced 6/6/12....left will be replaced after I recover). I LOVE it for the rest of my joints. Had to get off it for 2 weeks prior to shoulder replacement and thought I would die with the pain! Like Amanda, I didn't realize how helpful it was until those 2 weeks without it...yikes!

So that's my story