Thread: All test normal.. so what's the problem?

Thanks

Default All test normal.. so what's the problem?

Hi all,

My appointment with the doctor went really well, she was really nice and thorough. Ordered tests for RA, lupus, general inflammation, etc. Everything came back perfect! The ONLY things I could see that were even remotely abnormal were C3 and C4 complements on the low end of the range, but still within the normal range. C3 was 87.52 on a range of 79-152, and C4 was 17.7 on a range of 15.7-47.2. So, normal! Everything else was perfectly fine, exactly in the middle of each range.

SO... what the heck? Why am I getting noticeable joint pain in hands and wrists at age 28? The "flare up" I thought was ending is apparently still happening. Boyfriend says "maybe you need to meditate." Grr!

Should I go to a regular doc, not the rheumatologist? Could it be thyroid, B12, something?? I'm frustrated! Doctor says follow up at next serious "flare."

Thanks, hope you are all doing well today!

Thanks

Also, just wondering if anyone knows what exactly the rheumatoid factor means. Mine was 8.6 with less than 12 being normal. Obviously, I'm just fishing for some kind of information... I'm back to feeling like it's all in my head! Boo!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Whatever you do, don't give up! If you had any idea how many of us have gone through this same exact thing it would make you feel better! Sadly the bloodwork doesn't always show what is going on inside and they do tend to fluctuate. This doesn't mean that you have Lupus but it doesn't mean you don't. Educate yourself because you have to be your own best advocate. You know when something is wrong.ndontnstop until they figure it out!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

This is what I've been dealing with since the beginning of the year and my rheum dx'd me with fibromyalgia too.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit