Thread: Finally putting my foot down.. Transferring outta of my terrible job!

Thanks

Red face Finally putting my foot down.. Transferring outta of my terrible job!

SO, those of you know I have been having issues with my employer. (For those of you who donít, in a nutshell.. Iíve felt discriminated against during my dx process and Ďscaredí to ask off for all my appts and whatnot.. They also have not given me a raise and I will be reaching my year mark this Friday. Iíve been very loyal to them and received nothing in return.. When I asked for a raise 3 months ago, I was told to get a second job if I was struggling financially. Yes, I was floored. Iím busting my butt to make it in everyday, on and off different meds, and youíre gonna tell me I should find a second job?!?!)

Anyways, I gave up my loyalty last Friday and gave them my two weeks. I was SO elated to see the look on their faces- I really think they thought since I am so young and sp ĎnaÔveí I would never leave due to the comfort I had with my job. Iíve got a huge office, Iíve perfected my job duties and made things more efficient, and I became bored. And on top of that, they refused to give me a raise despite all that loyalty. Iím switching to a sister company where there is major opportunity to grow and a major challenge. And, more mula!!!

I am a little nervous that the increase in work may stress me out (where I am now is very slow.. Boring.. The new place is so busy is ridiculous), but Iím ready to take it on. They are also really flexible on hours so I can come in early, work late, Saturdays, etc. My new boss is aware of my situation as well and does not mind one bit that my schedule may alter from week to week.. If I miss half the day on Tuesday for appts, I can make up my hours through out the week and still end up with my 40 hours. Where I am at now, if I miss work, I either have to use my sick time (if I even have any left) or not get paid for it. Iíve got bills to pay, man!!

Just wanted to share everyone my news!! I start June 4th and couldnít be happier!! : )
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

Good for you! They won't know what they had until you are gone!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marine wife For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (05-21-2012)

Thanks

YUP! That is exactly how I feel. : ) : ) : )
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

Awesome, you go Lexie.
    I admire your guts, the same guts I ones had, when I was much younger.
    I would love to quit my job, but the benefits are great, not many jobs offer those kind of benefits. Plus my age is working against me too, I am 56 and most companies won't hire anyone over 45.
    Good for you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (05-21-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

well done.
    it is good to see you put you first.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (05-23-2012)

Thanks

That sounds perfect Lexie! I think having flexible hours so that you don't have to worry about lost time needed for drs appts is great! Best of luck and congrats!
    Best wishes,

M

Lupus, Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, Pernio (Chilblains)
    Plaquenil, Amlodipine

10. The Following User Says Thank You to theLword For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (05-23-2012)

Thanks

Good for you, that's awesome news! You'll feel so happy to be out of there and on to better things. A flexible schedule is the best - no need to stress about being in at a certain time!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Coloradan For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (05-25-2012)

Thanks

Hey Lexie,
    The new job sounds like a huge improvement. I hope that it goes well for you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

14. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (05-25-2012)

Thanks

Thanks, y'all! I am so excited. They are letting me leave today instead of next Friday since the new job is in desperate need of help. I'm sad, as I've met my year mark today, but VERY very happy to be on to bigger and better things. Should be less stressful with knowing I can take off for appts. and still be able to make up the hours. : )
    -Robert Eliot

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well done thats the best thing you could have done.Goodluck for when you start in June.I went through a very similiar thing and its soul destroying when you have been so loyal and they get greedy and just dont seem to give anything back.Good on ya!
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx