Thread: Tingling in feet, toes, legs and back

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Tingling in feet, toes, legs and back

Recently I've been having numbness and tingling in my toes and legs. It feels like my toes and legs have fallen asleep. This happens even when standing up. Also in my hands and feet when they get the slightest wet the are freezing cold and blue. When I'm driving I've notice the tingling feeling goes all the way up to my back. Is anyone else experiencing this and/or have any advice for it?

Thanks

This happened to me once, but just in my feet. It turned out my B12 was borderline low, and the supplements made the tingling to away. I'm sure there are a million other causes too (as there always are... for everything... gah!) but you could check your B12 level

Thanks

I was having similar issues as well, my b12 was extremely low if you havent had leevels checked do cause its something that can affect a lot of nerve stuff and its something thats easy to test for unlike most things
    Living each day day by day spoon by spoon! I have lupus but it doesnt have me. Love laugh live

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i have similar issues.
    my b12 is always very good.

for me it is a circulation thing.
    my blood doe snot always circulate like it should.
    magnesium is one of my best friends.

please talk to your rhuemy about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (05-17-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've experienced something similar recently, some thought it was Reynaud's (sp?) And rheumy said that its fibro like symptoms. Of course not liking that answer I said "but my muscles aren't hurting, isn't fibro in the muscles?!!" Rhuemy said it has to do with nerves as well, they wanted to put me on neurontin, lyrica, etc but I said no way Jose! Give the LDN therapy a chance to work before they start throwing more pills at me! Good luck to you!

Hugs,
    LenaT14

Thanks

Hi Azure,

In addition to what others have said, I agree with Lena that it sounds a lot like Raynaud's. I have really horrible Raynaud's and my feet and legs "fall asleep" very easily because my blood isn't circulating properly. When you have Raynaud's your cells spasm when triggered by either cold or stress (or in my case, by nothing). This causes your feet to become very cold to the touch and often times change color. The most common color changing goes from blue to red to white (although it is not necessary to go through all 3 colors for it to be Raynaud's). Raynaud's tends to be harmless, but during the white stage it means that your feet are not getting enough blood as they need and you are more prone to lesions, etc. In terms of treatment it depends on how bad it is. I take Amlodipine (which is usually used to treat high blood pressure). It worked wonders at first, but has recently been working less and less.

I have never had a b12 deficiency, so trusting those above I think that you should definitely have your doctor do some blood work. There's no tests to diagnosis Raynaud's, it's more of a differential diagnosis and based off of symptoms.

Hope this was helpful!
    Best wishes,

M

Lupus, Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, Pernio (Chilblains)
    Plaquenil, Amlodipine