Thread: Pittsburgh anyone?

Thanks

Default Pittsburgh anyone?

Is anyone else from the Pittsburgh area? If so, have you found any support groups or networks out there? I'm feeling stranded, like there isn't anyone else in the area. I have a great group of people surrounding me, but none of them can relate to how this feels.

Thanks

trista
    you can call 412-261-5886 or 1-800-800-5776 to contact the LFA ( lupus foundation of america) in the pitts area you can also contact them online at info@lupuspa.org.
    i go to pitts to the lupus center of excellence for my treatment. it's at the the magee womans center. they might have other contact information or othre groups that i don't know about. good luck.
    caro
    through faith comes victory

Thanks

Thanks so much for the info. I'm waiting for an appointment with the Lupus Center right now. Have you had good experiences with them?

Thanks

trista
    sorry it took so long to reply. i've been in the hospital and then staying at my parents recovering.
    the care at the lupus center is the GREATEST. i highly recommend the place to anyone. they care more than any people i know and they aren't afraid to show it.
    don't be afraid to ask them anything and really get the answers you need . they really will give you thier all. i've been going there for almost a year and another friend of mine has been there for about 2 years. we both believe that they are the reason we are alive today. GOD gave us a precious gift when He showed us the lupus center.
    GOOD LUCK! let me know what dotor you see.
    caro
    through faith comes victory

Thanks

Trista and Caro- Good luck with the Lupus Center at Magee's. I grew up in Pittsburgh being treated most of my years with Lupus at Children's. I've recently heard about the lupus center over the past couple of years and I hear they are great! I'm now in Virginia and have found some good docs due to the recommendations from the great docs in Pittsburgh. I can't remember her name but the one female rhematologist is really good. My friend I think still sees her. Best of luck to both of you!

Thanks

I'm seeing Dr. Kao at the Lupus Center. I've seen her twice and I'm so glad to be going there. They got me an appointment within two days when I started having problems with feelings in my feet.
    Caro - I hope you're feeling better now