Thread: I got my appiontment for the trail

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile I got my appiontment for the trail

As most of you know I am going for a trial medication for lupus. I got my appointment today, They called and set it up for May 9th to up to Greenville SC and do the screening. I dont know if I should be happy or worried. I want to do this but I still have some issues. My daughter is taking off from work and going up there with me, which is good I don't want to be alone doing this and my husband can't take off work right now. I think it is best that she go with me instead of him, my kids have been a bigger help the last few months more than my husband and it is just easier this way.

My flare has calmed down some this week so that is good. I hope that it doesn't come back anytime soon even though the clinic needs to see what is going on. I think things are finally going in a good direction now. The stress in my life seems to be getting better, even though I am worried about my dad, he is not doing very well and has lost over 100 pounds since Christmas and there is no explanation for it. Now he is refusing to go to the doctor over it and my mom is worried and she doesn't need to be, but mom has held stable now for awhile, and she is still at the end off stage 3 in her kidney disease. So there is some hope there.

Just wanted to post and let everyone know what was going on
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

You are contributing to a study that down the road could bring us all a better med, and another possible treatment option. I think it's great that you are taking part in the trial.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks I hope that it helps if not me but maybe someone. I guess since I have never done this before it is kind of scarey for me. But at least I get a trip back to my home town, that will be kind of cool.
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Hey Lea,
    We're all happy for you getting to do this. I hope that it helps you a lot!
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

leaann (05-03-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

good luck.....
    i am glad you decided to do it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

leaann (05-03-2012)

Thanks

good luck!! when i go to the doctor next week i should look into that trial..Im sorry about your dad..
    lisa
    dx with sle 02/2012 on 10 mg prednisone, 20 mgs simvistatin 7.5 mg meloxicam ,400mg plaquenil,12.5 mgs methotrexate

Thanks

Hi. How did it go with this medication? I am meeting with a doctor on monday to find out if i qualify for a trial with it.