Thread: Having chest pain

Thanks

Default Having chest pain

He everyone. I have been waking up in the middle of the night with this weird chest pain that radiates to my throat and jaw, the pain is a burning like feeling and only lasts between 3 to 5 mins I had a echo done about a month ago and all the doc seen was a very mild regurgitation of a valve and didn't think that should be causing the pain, I do have a stress test today cuz he don't like the sound of the pain in the jaw. It is very frighting to me cuz I have a big family and most of them have heart conditions..This all has started ever since I have been diagnosed with Lupus so I am wondering is there anyone that has experienced and of this cuz of Lupus?

Thanks

chest pain + radiating to the jaw + family hx + being female = always needs to be evaluated by a physician. Good thing you are going for your stress test today. Best of luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

diane 50 (05-23-2012)

Thanks

I agree with Manderson, it is thing that you are having the test today.
    Let us know how it went.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

diane 50 (05-23-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope it's nothing serious, I used to get really bad chest pain like that but it turned out to be acid reflux.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

diane 50 (05-23-2012)

Thanks

Thank You All. I should know the results in about a week..I do take protonix for acid reflex so that is deff a possibility I just never felt pain like that before and so weird how it is just when I'm sleeping and wakes me up and every time it happens it is between 3 to 4 in the morning and lasts for just a few mins.

Thanks

Diane,
    I'm glad that you got it checked. Acid reflux always gets worse at night, when you are lying down. Does the pain go away when you sit or stand?
    Let us know what the tests showed.
    Hugs,
    Marla

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

diane 50 (05-23-2012)

Thanks

The doctor called and the test shows there is something wrong with my heart, I have a appt. on Thursday he wouldn't tell me what is wrong on the phone. it has me worried a bit. I will let you all know what he says and Thank You all.

Thanks

Diane,

Try to not worry to much, until you find out what is going on.
    Years ago, I have gotten the same news from my doctor, " there is something wrong with your heart", come to find out, it was " only" a leaky mitral valve, which is more anoying than dangerous.
    I am sure, if it was anything, endangering your life, he wouldn't wait until Thursday to see you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

diane 50 (05-23-2012)

Thanks

Thanks Debbie. I also been diagnosed about 3 weeks ago with Mitral regurgitation. My doctor didn't think that is should be causing be the pain especially in the jaw, he said it was very mild at this point.. Therefor something else he had seen but you are right I don't think he would wait to see me tomorrow if it was to dangerous. The only thing I have been feeling that has me frighten is my blood pressure has been dropping on and off during the day it was as low as 80/54 and been dizzy and feels like my heart starts to race and I took my pulse and it was 102 to 106 I was at a pulmonary appt and the nurse got the same reading so he was glad I was seeing a cardiologist. I also worry cuz I have a huge family history of heart conditions at a young age for Mother and Father and I have 7 brothers and sisters and heart prob has already got 2 of my brothers. I do however try not to worry to much I can have a prob with stress and I know how that can trigger or make the Lupus worst. It has be wondering if the Lupus is causing the heart issue all of the sudden or the family history. I will let you all know how tomorrow goes. Thanks for your reply's It is so helpful to have a place to go to vent.