Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School

Thanks

My family is sitting in the other room talking about kicking me out like I can't hear them. Finals week, I'm already stressed to the max, and they want to be like this because I complained about doing the dishes this morning because I wasn't feeling good and said I would do it after a shower, which I did. So apparently this makes me ungrateful and lazy and all other sorts of things. So to avoid any more of this while I'm trying to study I'm packing up ship and going to my boyfriends house. I'm so upset right now. My step dad really knows how to be an ass when it really counts.

Its like he can come home and belittle everyone including my mom because he had a bad day. But if I wake up sore and complain about doing the dishes and tell my mom I will do them once I get a shower, and then actually do them, I am lazy and have an attitude. However I didn't realize my mom was sick this morning or I would have kept my complaints to myself. After realizing that I did more than I usually do and even called on my way home from work and offered to go to the store for her. But I'm inconsiderate. And lazy because while writing 12 summaries I couldn't "take 5 min to clean the table". I told them they would still be there when I got done with them and these had a deadline tonight and the dishes didn't. But apparently the damn dishes are more important than my grades. I guess if they were, you know, he could have done them. But what do I know.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

Hey Ritz,
    Yes, it sounds like time to go establish your own life. Being a college student is a full-time job. That is why dorms have meal plans and students who live on-campus are expected to spend LOTS of time studying, away from family responsibilities.
    Good luck, sweetie.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tgal (05-08-2012)

Thanks

I'm really at my breaking point. I really think taking this year off might be the best choice. I just can't deal with things right now. I need a vacation from everything while its still reasonable.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

We all came to a compromise with my school this summer. I am taking 1 class instead of 2. I am rearranging my education plan a little bit because of this, but my advisor is helping me and thinks this was probably a good idea. I'm currently trying to get my grandparents to loan me the money, because tuition will take up all my savings and I can't really work. If that doesn't happen (and maybe even if it does happen) I am looking into getting SSI money. Does anyone know if you can do that for a set amount of time? I mean eventually I will be working somehow considering I want to be a doctor, and I hope I'm well enough to do that. But right now I really can't find many things that I am able to do. Tutoring will end with the school year, and the family I work for is moving states this summer. I don't know what else I could do that would actually bring in the kind of money I need to live off of.

And the results are in......my GPA is not ruined by this semester and I will still basically be starting my junior year in the fall I guess for now I can accept a 3.6 for my GPA. Maybe if I do well over the summer it will bump it up a little.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ritzbit2; 05-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit2 View Post
    We all came to a compromise with my school this summer. I am taking 1 class instead of 2. I am rearranging my education plan a little bit because of this, but my advisor is helping me and thinks this was probably a good idea. I'm currently trying to get my grandparents to loan me the money, because tuition will take up all my savings and I can't really work. If that doesn't happen (and maybe even if it does happen) I am looking into getting SSI money. Does anyone know if you can do that for a set amount of time? I mean eventually I will be working somehow considering I want to be a doctor, and I hope I'm well enough to do that. But right now I really can't find many things that I am able to do. Tutoring will end with the school year, and the family I work for is moving states this summer. I don't know what else I could do that would actually bring in the kind of money I need to live off of.

And the results are in......my GPA is not ruined by this semester and I will still basically be starting my junior year in the fall I guess for now I can accept a 3.6 for my GPA. Maybe if I do well over the summer it will bump it up a little.
    SSI is going to take at least a year because your so young. Hurry up and start the paper work because it's a lot but call a lawyer!!!! You are going to need a lawyer, usually they only get money after you start getting your disability so try and find one that will do that. Good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

ritzbit2 (05-08-2012)

Thanks

Hey Ritz,
    I'm proud of your grades, kid! I graduated with a 3.85, and that was Magna Cum Laude and got me into Phi Beta Kappa.
    You are doing great to have a 3.6. I think that you are like my hubby and daughter - both of them fret and think that they are doing terribly, and then turn out to have wonderful grades. Relax a little!
    I'm glad that you only have one class this summer. Do well in it, and enjoy life for a bit.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

ritzbit2 (05-08-2012)

Thanks

I have a hard time relaxing lol the idea of anything less than an A being as good as failing was pounded into my head a long time ago lol I freak when I don't get A's. I realized today that I have free time until July and was like what am I supposed to do now? lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit2 View Post
    ..... I realized today that I have free time until July and was like what am I supposed to do now? lol
    do 2 of the things that excited you last year.

jump in YOUR car.
    and buy YOURSELF an icecream.
    just because...

enjoy your freedom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I'm going to go get an ice cream tomorrow and then go to the hospital where my cousin and his wife are having their first baby! I am SO EXCITED! This is the first baby we have had in our family since my little sister, who is not so little lol she's 12! I can't wait! They didn't find out what they were having so its going to be a big surprise I can't wait to hear from my grandma tomorrow!!!!