Thread: Update on Liver, MTX, etc.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Lightbulb Update on Liver, MTX, etc.

Hi all. I decided to start a new post instead of posting in the 3 or 4 others I have had floating around recently. (LOL)

First off, The densities/Tumors in my liver are benign vascular tumors called "Hemangioma's" They are small but in reality they can't do anything for them so hopefully they won't grow or I won't get anymore etc. (LOL).....sorry have to laugh otherwise it's a let down!...ya know how it goes being a Lupie....

As for the MTX treatment, well starting my third week I'm not feeling any relief yet and still experiencing side effects. Last night I started having Tachycardia for no reason(HR-90bpm)accompanied by shakiness, heart racing, nausea, dizziness, etc. I had not taken my night meds at that point and had already had dinner. Anyway, I decided to take a shower and that just made it worse. I got out with this bright red rash on my face which hasn't been this bad in a while( See attachment) and everything burned and was stiff(am I now allergic to water??!...LOL...) Joint pain and weakness/fatigue followed shortly after. So, I emailed my rheumy because she was supposed to increase my MTX dose last night but decided to try and get a handle on my side effects from it first(another option may be the injection although I've been told it's more potent and absorbs quicker than the pills so it may increase side effects??) So far I get the following from taking MTX:
    -some nausea,- shakiness, -weakness/fatigue, -chills/flu like feeling, -brain fog/memory issues,headaches, loss of appetite(almost none at all to where I don't realize I need to drink let alone eat),diarrhea, ....um....lol....see here goes the brain fog thing.....okay...as Ghost Hunters would say: "On to the next!" haha

I don't even remember where I was going with this but I guess I just wanted to update everyone and see how you are doing too! I hope this finds you well. Take care and God Bless!

- Lupie Ladybug
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i am hearing you.
    hopefully you get it sorted.

i have not used the injections....
    but from what i have heard...
    it helps with quite a few of your side effects.
    hopefully a few other members who have injections can help explain the effects.