Thread: Symptoms improving but fatigue still there?

Thanks

Default Symptoms improving but fatigue still there?

As the title suggests, my symptoms have improved greatly. I put this down to the prednisone I've been taking, I no longer feel like I'm in a flare.

But I just cannot shake this fatigue. It's not as bad as when I am in a flare...but i just can't do much, at all. I'm forcing myself to take the bike out for a lap most days (200m or so I reckon) but it nearly kills me each time. Minimal activity (waddling around the house) leaves me short of breath...putting the washing out ruins me!

I'm not sure if it could be to do with the fact I have had chronic diahrrea for months now. That's gotta be pretty tiring eh? Has anyone experienced the same....a great improvement in most symptoms, but left with fatigue, digestive issues and shortness of breath?
    I spent 2 years travelling Australia. Check out my travel blog at http://travelpod.com/members/helenlear

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

it is the little things that make the most difference.

not being able to go for that walk down the beach.
    falling asleep on the way home from work.
    wanting to hang your self on th ewashing line, not just the clothes.

these are the signs of lupus that other do not understand.
    it is these little things that made me comment about your lifestlye in an other post a few weeks ago.
    i have had to retire, because i could not complete a normal days activities.... no matter what the job.

yes many of us feel the fatigue.
    after a while we have come to accept it as normal.
    these things are why we discuss people accepting there new normal... as opposed to what we used to be able to achieve.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (04-26-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes i'm having this same problem. I know that with lupus there is fatigue all the time but I get what you mean where it's impossible to get the simplest tasks without feeling completely drained and sick feeling.

Thanks

Thankyou for the replies.

So this probably isn't a sign that meds aren't working properly or anything like that? It's just a thing we have to learn how to deal with? (Or, harden the f**k up...like the Aussies say!) I'm presuming there's been research into why people still experience fatigue etc.

I think I'm starting to understand why this lupus is such a bum deal. I suppose I should still keep my chin up because there's still time for the plaquenil to work yet. It feels like I've been waiting forever. I thought maybe I was getting somewhere until this week when the joint pain has started creeping back. Hmm...not a happy bunny.
    I spent 2 years travelling Australia. Check out my travel blog at http://travelpod.com/members/helenlear

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Sadly it is just part of how things are. It is why people say that we don't look sick when we know something is wrong. The plaquenil should help some but there are times that the fatigue is just part of what we deal with.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its the same for me, I saw my Rheum on april 17th and she said I am doing better and my condition is mild right now, but I am left with fatigue, diarrhea/gut pain, chest pain and sometimes shortness of breath. The Plaquenil is part of what is causing my diarrhea but I have to go see a gastro in case there is anything else, and also a neuro. I still ache with pain but its not as harsh as it usually is.
    I find this condition horrible even at a mild state so I'm hoping I don't get any worse, but you never know.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

I agree hunniebun...not sure how I'd manage with much more but what I'm experiencing is only "mild." Maybe we'll toughen up with time eh?

I experience the exact same symptoms as you...fatigue, diarrhea/gut pain, chest pain and shortness of breath...I also believe the plaq has made the digestive issues worse, although they did exist before. And yes, the pain is still there, just not as deep and severe.

I feel like i need energy to deal with it all...but I have very little.