Thread: STJAMES is still alive and ......ok

Thanks

Default STJAMES is still alive and ......ok

Sue and all my Lupie friends......

It's been so long it seems since I was able to lift your days and help you smile. I have had a tough time of it the past couple months between the pneumonia, a lung infection, and two pieces of broken rods came loose in my back,punctureing my spinal canal.

It really tests your integrity and will to survive when it all comes down that fast.
    I have been through Liver cancer treatments and all sorts of horrible diseases that would have darn near killed some people..but something inside keeps me going.
    The will to live with what I have to the best of my ability. It is through most of the words that I gave away to most of you that I had to rely on to get me through my darkest moments.

There was a point to where they induced a coma to treat my spine....and it seemed as if I was dying or my mind was watching a video...I saw beautiful pics of me playing as a child,fighting in Viet Namn and going to my grandmothers funeral.

I remember hearing my wife say to me as I was out...
    DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME.....something from that sentence stuck cause as she kissed me goodbye for the night it was the first time I squeezed her hand and they knew that there was NO permanent nerve brain damage.

I've been home for a bit and am just now beginning to feel better.....I was down to 120 lbs from 155.....now I eat like a horse !!!!!

They got me back on Prednisone.....80 mg 2x daily !!! AHHHHHHH DARN I hate that drug.

I guess all I wanted to say was that it was a pleasure being a moderator here and helping you with your problems.....and I thank you for all the kind words and allowing me to be of help to you and then use my own words to bring me back from the brink of darkness.

WE SHALL SURVIVE !!!!!!! NEVER GIVE UP..and trust me IT CAN get worse!

I miss and love you all.....especially my friend SUE and I am sooooo glad to see that this site which was made in dedication to SUE's beloved
    " ANGEL LAURI " has survived the time.

Best regards,
    stjames :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I AM So Happy You Are Better!

St. James;
    OMG!!! what an ordeal you have been through and I am so happy that you are regaining your strength, eating like a horse and able to visit us here. I have truly missed you!!!! I have often thought about and prayed for you!
    I am glad that you are well enough to be home and that you are recovering. It seems apparent that there is a Divine plan for you and that you are open and willing to fulfill whatever your mission may be! Your will and strength to live are a testament to your spirit (which is so loving that it comes through clearly even through the interet). I think that you are an amazing man and I am so glad that you are in my life!
    The Board has been very slow since the war began, I don't know what the correlation is (if any), but I noticed that posts stopped shortly after Bush declared war. I am hoping that it gets up to speed again!
    Take very good care of yourself and write to me now and then to let me know how you are doing. I know that all will be in Divine Order somehow!!!
    I think of you ALL of the time
    Give my best to your wife and to your family - Stay Strong!
    Your Friend
    Saysusie

Thanks

St. James, I just looked in to see how everyone was getting on and was so pleased to read that you are back, I think you were sorely missed. It's been about 2 months since I logged in so was out of touch with what has been happening in Lauri's lounge. Maybe it's been so quiet because everyone is feeling heaps better I know I am and can at last say my necklace rash and itch has dissapeared after 12 months, due in part to a new dermatologist, a fatty ointment, and sitting 3xa day for 2 hours in wet clothing after having applied the ointment but it worked. No fatigue, still have aches and pains but who hasn't. I think my looking outward and forgetting about my problems and focusing on raising funds for children in need has been the answer. The committee that runs our "Op" shop tells me that my little room with collectables is the third highest contributing section and is almost raising as much as the general floor below and I only open for 4 hours a week, they work 6 days. It's so good to feel well again and I trust that you will soon be able to say the same. KEEP WELL. Jaycee from Down Under.

Thanks

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS........

stjames
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM.....