Thread: Best Medical facility or team of doctors needed immediately (All of USA is acceptable

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Best Medical facility or team of doctors needed immediately (All of USA is acceptable

My Mom is 69. She was diagnosed with Lupus in 1976 at 33. At that time she was told that she had 5 years to live and the doctor's wanted her to be bed ridden. That's not my Mom. and she said "Nope, I'm going to enjoy my life."

With in the last year or two things have really gotten out of control. She had been on plaquenil for 25 years until recently because one of the side effects is the eye retina detaching. This came on all of a sudden.

So she can't take the new lupus med either.

Allergies: Valium, Morpine, sufas, darvon, darvacet, nubain, iodine, codine, demeral, tetracyclines, prpoxyphen-n100, lodine or etodolac, temazepam (it is the Bdnxodyxocain in it). Other medications causing vomiting: ocycodone/acetaminophen, percoset or tylox.

Conditions:

Neuropathy, all lower teeth just now diagnosed as absessed and infected, leaky aortic valve in heart, gastrointestinal...can't eat or has dry heaves and water bowels, lung fibromyalgiam, throat- nielson procedure (still having trouble swallowing and has node-one hard that is of concern and some that are soft, hemorraghed colitis- still a problem, upper colon not functioning to the point that inspection could not be processed, optical migraines, liver or pancreas problem-not sure yet. Others that may or may not have been taken care of, swelling of legs and ankles.

Meds - will post tomorrow - numerous!!!!

Need the best Lupus Doctor or Hospital that can work with Nerve Doctor's, Heart Doctors, Dentists, Eye Doctors, Gastrointestinal Doctors, Liver or pancreas doctors, throat doctor, and colon doctors.

The goal is to have meds reviewed, and a group of the best doctors mentioned above to work together and communicate with one another concerning her condition.

She is at the point of losing her will to live. She is in constant pain in one format or another, getting new bad news, and she would like to see just some improvement in her health.

Can someone please tell me where I can get such a customer oriented doctor or hospital that can effectively create a team to work with her.

Anywhere in the USA is an answer.

Thanks to all !!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry about your moms health but here is a number to group of rheumatologist in Florida (305-652-6676). Ask for Dr. Maldonado or Dr. Oberstein. Wish both of you the best and your mom a speedy recovery. Your mom is tough, thats one trait we all have that are living with Lupus.

wishing you the best

SLIM

Thanks

Default Thank you VERY MUCH !

Thank you for your quick information !!! AND THE PERSONAL FEELINGS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED !!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

hi tipperd and welcome.

i am from australia....
    so i cannot help with information.

i did want to offer an ear and a shoulder.
    we understand how hard it can be to see your mom suffering in this way.

Thanks

Hi Tipperd,
    The best rheumy that I know is Dr. Emily Pineda in San Antonio, Texas.
    I was also impressed with the medical facilities in Houston, Tx, but the doc that I saw there was a mobility expert.
    I live in California now, and there are some great facilities in San Francisco - both Stanford Medical and UCSF.
    Many people recommend Johns Hopkins. I know that they have a Sjogren's/Lupus expert there who is both a rheumatologist and a neurologist.
    If I lived in the Northeast, I would try to see that doc.
    I think that a teaching hospital would be your best bet.
    I hope this helps - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Have you thought about the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH? They rank among the top in the country.