Quote Originally Posted by karene8 View Post
Hi M,
I just read your post and I didn't get bored half way through, I kept on reading because I came to this site to find other people who feel like me. You were the first thread that I looked at and you have amazed me at how much like me you are. I am in a relationship also and feel how you do, that I am very misunderstood about my disease. I have been searching for the butterfly rash like you, and have hoped that it would appear so I can see some sign of the dreaded disease. Well guess what? It showed it's little pink wings across my face only two days ago. I couldn't believe it. I thought I would never see it and there is was. Even my daughter said I had it and wow, was my face hot. The heat that comes off this butterfly rash could fry an egg. lol. i have recently had a flu shot to protect me throught the winter and I think that caused a flare. I just wanted to let you know how much you remind me of me and please don't feel like nobody understands, because like you, I do. Talk soon, take care, Karen. xx
You bring up a great point that I want to speak to. As Lupus patients we should always get the flu shot but we need to make sure we don't get the one made with the live virus. There is one made with it and one without so always make sure to get the one without or it could cause issues