Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not happy disability denied

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Not happy disability denied

I don't understand the government. I have a lawyer, his is my 4th denial. The first 3 were without the lawyer.According to the disability office my doctor says I am disabled but the disability doctor says different. At the rate they are going I will die waiting on disability. I need the funds to pay for my medical since I have to pay for lupus my self and no one wants to pay for this. Last week alone we spent over 200 just on meds and doctors. We have lost our house because of this and even moved closer to the doctor to help. My son has stopped his life just to stay home to make sure nothing happens to me. I have so many problems.

This is just plain crazy.

Any one with any suggestions
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I guess we have to be on death's door to get help but people in better health are on disability! Makes no sense to me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree there are some people that are on disability that I feel don't even need it and then there's those that need it and can't get it. My friend her husband has cancer and he applied for disability and he was told that he would be dead before the first check arrived so they denied him. I thought to my self, that they could have said that differently and if I were him I would want to go down and punch the person in the face that said that. but that's just me

At least I have a lawyer fighting for me that does make it easier. I just can't afford to keep paying for all this.
    Thanks for you post.
    Lea
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

That would make me so angry I would probably punch someone for saying that! This is an example of people that don't need it have it...my own brother. He is "legally blind" and can't work. But he DRIVES!!! Figure that one out!

I' m glad you have a lawyer. Let them fight for you. One less thing that's stressing you out trying to deal with it alone.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That is crazy about your brother, however I had an uncle that was blind and he drove as well, but you didn't want to ride with him cause he was old and crazy and lots of times would wind up in ditches but he never drew disability.

I know that the government has to crack down but it's just crazy. Maybe the lawyer will figure something out. We will have to just take it one day at a time.
    Lea
    Medication

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I seriously just posted something similar to this I am going through the same thing. I seriously think if I can't find some charity to help I might die waiting for a court hearing for disability. Our government really should change this when people like us really need help.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I fully agree Mica, this is crazy, I started MTX last week and with my new steroids and other meds it is hard. Plus I am suppose to have a biopsy on the vein in my head and I am having to put it off because of no insurance. I have had to hold off on a lot of stuff, My Copd keeps acting up and I hold off on treatment for that and the doctor says that's not good. But what else can you do, you just live day by day hoping to get to the next day.
    Lea
    Medication

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know, it's depressing and stressful.

Thanks

I'm sorry Leaann...so stressful!

hugs

Thanks

Hi Leaann,

I am sorry, that you were denied again.
    It is just crazy. I work in a grocery store and see every day, how many people get disability who are not really disabled.
    One woman forgot her walking cane in the store, she came RUNNING back into the store, to get her stick and yes, she was parked in the " disabled" parking spot. After she retrieved her cane, she limped out of the store.
    One woman, ( a regular customer) always uses the store wheelchair, one day it was raining and she RAN across the parking lot, to get to the only wheelchair and RAN back to her car after she finished shopping. She has a disabled sticker in her car. I couldn't run that fast, if the devil was after me.It is not fair, that's for sure.
    I am already scared, when the time comes, when I HAVE to apply for disability.
    Good luck to you, my friend.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).