Thread: In the diagnosis process right now...

Thanks

Default In the diagnosis process right now...

Well, I have just had one test so far...the ANA, which was 1:160.
    I have what seems to be the butterfly rash faintly, but I feel like I have more symptoms of Sjogrens (dry mouth and eyes are the worst).
    I do have a sensitivity/allergy to Sulfa drugs, sulfites and sulfates in personal products like soaps or shampoos, so I have to stay away from wine, certain foods and have yet to find a decent shampoo.
    I also have a few places of slight vitiligo, I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis (with goiter) and I have had increased dental problems over the past year.

Anyway, my doctor is referring me to a rheumatologist, so I am hoping it doesn't take long to get an appt. I have other issues right now as well, with being in perimenopause AND I have to get an ultrasound of my uterus on Thursday because it is apparently "enormous".

I am having a hard time not feeling depressed and/or apathetic right now and I need to snap out of it. I am hoping something skewed the test and all of these other weird things are just flukes. I did have mono (lucky me!) back in the fall of 2009, so who knows?

Please tell me that if this is my diagnosis that I can live my life okay just like I do with the hypothyroidism. I do get symptomatic, and then I know it's time for bloodwork and a medication increase.

Ugh...just so many thoughts and worries going through my mind now, so any reassuring words you have are certainly welcomed.

Lisa

Thanks

All of us have been there the not knowing stage is so hard. I hope you can get some answers soon and start feeling better just know that we are here !

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

a favoutite saying here is ....
    "do not borrow trouble"

you are living your life now.
    knowing what is making you unwell is a good thing.
    it will enable you to have medical treatment.

many people with lupus live to a good ripe old age.
    some unfortunatelly do not.
    medication is the key.

early intervention is a good thing.
    please do not overworry until you know what is happenning.

and welcome to we have lupus.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Marine wife (04-17-2012), running girl (04-17-2012), tgal (04-16-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Steve said it perfectly. Try not to go to the "what if's" but don't assume Lupus is a death sentence. For many people it is just like you said. You get times of feeling really badly and they work on adjusting meds to get you to a more normal place. We call it the new normal but it is still a place where life can be full and productive for most people.

It often takes a very long time to get a diagnoses so just know that we are here for you as you travel this path
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~