Thread: tapering off prednisone

Thanks

Default tapering off prednisone

my primary doctor has decided it's time to taper my prednisone down, i was on 40 mg for the last 3 months. my dose has been 20 for the last few days. has anyone had stomaches while lowering your pred dose?? i feel as though my stomach is burning! it does go away but i guess if it keeps happening i'll have to call the doc. i go may 7th for my rheumy appointment. hope everyone is well
    lisa
    dx with sle 02/2012 on 10 mg prednisone, 20 mgs simvistatin 7.5 mg meloxicam ,400mg plaquenil,12.5 mgs methotrexate

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Tapering down off of steroid can cause many, many issues. Keep your eyes open and if you have too many you do need to see the doctor so he can do a slower taper
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

thanks mari!! i'm noticing more aches and pains and some sores on my gums.. so i may have to do a slower taper.. hope you are well
    lisa
    dx with sle 02/2012 on 10 mg prednisone, 20 mgs simvistatin 7.5 mg meloxicam ,400mg plaquenil,12.5 mgs methotrexate