Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can I do for nausea?

Thanks

Someone mentioned to me just the other day that Jello water is sometimes used for nausea in cancer patients. It sounds gross to me because I am not a fan of Jello but maybe you could give it a try?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    For nausea I find nothing works better for me than ginger. I take capsules and it works like a charm
    My Mom, who also has SLE and frequent nausea, takes the same sort of ginger capsules, and they do indeed work well for her.

Thanks

Jello water? I didn't know that. BUT I can't eat jello or any high vitamin K foods because I'm on coumadin for blood clots in my lungs (which by now I believe are gone)... But I'll be off of the coumadin later this month YAY! So if/when I get nauseated then I'll try ginger and jello water (not at the same time haha).

I'm glad they work well for her, rob. It's important to find help anywhere you can find it. Is there any specific dosage that works best? I don't want ot get the strongest out there if a lesser amount would do fine.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xdunlapx View Post
    I'm glad they work well for her, rob. It's important to find help anywhere you can find it. Is there any specific dosage that works best? I don't want ot get the strongest out there if a lesser amount would do fine.
    I'll have to ask her the next time I see her. Ginger is one of those home remedies that actually shows promise and positive results for many people in controlling nausea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I'll have to ask her the next time I see her. Ginger is one of those home remedies that actually shows promise and positive results for many people in controlling nausea.
    I know that drinking ginger ale when sick with the flu is supposed to help nausea. Ooh ginger ale would be good.. I'll have to get some diet ginger ale. Sounds yummy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ginger ale never works for me because the carbonation seems to make it worse. I love those otter popsicles, they help so much settling my stomach. And they are cheap and delicious. If the nausea is that bad I will take phenergan and I doubt it wouldn't be that hard for you to get your doctor to give you a prescription.

Thanks

Yeah I'll talk to my doctor about it today when I see him. The nausea isn't that bad but it is noticible and makes me lose my appetite completely. I think it happened 4 times yesterday, which is about the norm for me now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You can get ginger capsules at the health food stores or crystallized ginger in the baking aisle. You can even get regular powdered ginger in the spice section and make a tea from it as strong or weak as you'd like
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Oh, great, thanks ruziska I'll be on the look out for them. We'll see how it goes for a while and if it continues, i'll get some. I don't want to get some and then the nausea disappears then the spice goes bad... :P

Thanks

I had the same issue! My doctor prescribed me promethazine works like a charm settles my stomach and brings my appetite back!