Thread: synvisc

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default synvisc

My osteoarthritis has gotten very bad in my knees and epidural injections did not give me any relief so now my rhumey wants to try injections of this drug and i was wondering if anyone else has had these and what were your results. My sister-in-law had these before her replacement and said they did not work for her Bonita

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Bonita,

Sorry I can't help with this but I hope someone else can help. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

i hope it works for you.
    cherie, my wife, had both knees replaced last year.
    it is 6-8 weeks of hell, then it gets better.
    i reccommend replacements to anyone considering it.

Thanks

Bonita,
    This sounds like the injection that I got into my knee back in San Antonio, just with a different name. What clued me in was the warning about not taking it if you are allergic to poultry. My doc said that it is a collagen product made from cock's combs.
    I had surgery for a torn meniscus and for AVN in Dec. 2008. The orthopedic surgeon insisted that I would be pain-free if I just exercised and lost weight.
    I was still in pain during the summer of 2009, so my rheumy aspirated some fluid from my knee and found that it was infected. She gave me some antibiotic injections into the knee and then suggested the synthetic synovial fluid. I got it in August, just before we moved to California.
    That joint hasn't given me problems since! I'm a believer about that stuff!
    BTW, I also take glucosamine/chondroitin every day. My great doc in SA was quite insistent about it.
    I hope that it helps you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

glocosamine with condroitin is a very good product.
    the condroitin is made from shark cartlage.

as far as i know, it is the only known natural way to help human cartlage repair itself.

i have a few relatives / friends using it.
    it did not help cherie, as she had no cartlage left to repair.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Bonita,
    This sounds like the injection that I got into my knee back in San Antonio, just with a different name. What clued me in was the warning about not taking it if you are allergic to poultry. My doc said that it is a collagen product made from cock's combs.
    I had surgery for a torn meniscus and for AVN in Dec. 2008. The orthopedic surgeon insisted that I would be pain-free if I just exercised and lost weight.
    I was still in pain during the summer of 2009, so my rheumy aspirated some fluid from my knee and found that it was infected. She gave me some antibiotic injections into the knee and then suggested the synthetic synovial fluid. I got it in August, just before we moved to California.
    That joint hasn't given me problems since! I'm a believer about that stuff!
    BTW, I also take glucosamine/chondroitin every day. My great doc in SA was quite insistent about it.
    I hope that it helps you.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Thanks Marla i hope it works that good for me my daughter and sister-in-law had it and it did not work for them. Yes it is made from the cocks comb and the doctor called it chicken snot

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks everyone i hope the insurance company pays for it still waiting and i am to have it done on the 16th

Thanks

Bonita,
    Mine was a series of five shots. The insurance paid all but $30/ injection, so it cost me $150. It was a gamble, but it turned out to be worth it for me.
    Hugs,
    Marla