Hello all. I hope you are well. I had my Rheumy appointment yesterday and she said my latest labs showed disease activity. My ana was the highest titer it's ever been with a homogenous pattern. My complements have continued to stay low and dip as well. I have been on prednisone for over a year and not been able to come off of it. My Rheumy seems to think it's due to a combination of all 3 factors including Adrenal Insufficiency, Steroid Withdrawal and Lupus Inflammation I currently have small ulcers and fatigue but this was before starting the metho last night..... So....she has left me on 7.,5mg of Prednisone and Added 2 2.5mg Pills a week for 3 weeks and then 3 2.5mg pills a week after I get the blood levels done when the first 2 weeks are completed. I'm also on Folic Acid 1mg/day which my Rheumy said helps with side effects.

Can I get some input on the med and how it has affected others? It's hard to believe we are treated with chemo/cancer drugs. I've even read they use it for ectopic pregnancy. I have severe photosensitivity already and am allergic to chemicals in sunscreen so i cannot use any of it. Any ideas on how the hair loss and nausea will be? Anything anyone wants to say about it is welcome!

Take care and God Bless!

-Lupie LadyBug