Thread: Tingling Fingers

Thanks

Default Tingling Fingers

While I'm not yet diagnosed with lupus I have a diagnosis of UCTD with isolated morphea on my right arm and a positive ANA and anti dsDNA. The rest of my labs are typically within normal ranges although a few jump high every few tests, I also have chronically low vitamin D even on supplements. Lately my knees have been absolutely aching when I walk up stairs on the outer sides and I've been getting a tingling/cool feeling in the ring and pinky fingers of my right hand with a dull ache in the right shoulder. Could this be related to the UCTD or would it not cause that? Is there anything I could do for it or just take anti-inflammatories and wait it out? Thanks for any advice!

Thanks

I believe that it could definately be related to the UCTD but I'm sure there are other possible causes as well. From my understanding UCTD is a diagnosis given often when there is a suspecion of an autoimmune disease but there are not yet enough symptoms present to make a definitive diagnosis. I would let your doctor know about this new symptom especially if it continues and they will have more knowledge about what it might mean in relation to your diagnosis. For the pain I would definately take any anti-inflammatory medication you have been prescribed or any over the counter medications your doctor has given you the OK to take when you have pain. By the way, is there any color change that happens with your fingers when you have the cool/tingling feeling?
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

Thanks for the advice - I get Raynaud's pretty bad when I'm in cold weather but this is different, no color change and it's less stinging and more just tingling/numbness.

Thanks

I don't really have that problem, at least not in my fingers. I have raynauds but it doesnt even make me go "numb" most of the time anymore. I get this weird "tingling" sensation in my legs sometimes. I know others have talked about it before I am sure someone will come along who knows more about it than me.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

Hi and welcome to WHL,
    Tingling and numbness is how the Raynaud's started in my toes. Lately, I've had lots of numbness in my fingers, too.
    Peripheral Neuropathy is another possibility with AI diseases.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi n3419,

welcome.
    there is lots of possabilities.
    if it was my body, i would first suspect it is caused by inflamation.
    as you said your blood results show high for inflamation.

i have problems with my left knee often.
    i also have similar tingling in my fingers.

i have spoken to my rhuemy about it....
    his explination is that my muscles are inflamed.
    this inflamation restricts the blood flow.
    when the inflamation gets more severe in my knee, it places tension on my muscle.
    unfortunatelly this tension is not even.
    it causes the knee to try to pull sideways.
    this causes pain.

this is how it effects me.....
    it may be different for you.
    my only releif is from anti-inflamitories.