Thread: Another flare so soon?

Thanks

Default Another flare so soon?

Hello all,

I've been off for a bit due to overwhelming life events which, of course, caused my lupus to flare again. I'm trying to finish my Masters thesis and now coming down to the wire in addition to applying for government jobs. My Bassett hound started having terrible seizures and we had her in the animal hospital for a few days to get it under control. My 5 mos old is teething. My father in law had his 4th heart attack and had triple bypass and now me, my husband and son will be flying out to Arizona to see his side of the family to meet my son since many of them have never seen him. That will be nice to get away for a bit and to be in warmer weather.

Anywho, I went to my gastro had an upper endoscopy and some biopsies and was diagnosed with severe acid reflux. I see the rheumy tomorrow to find out if I can get back on anti inflammatories and off oxy. My hands have been hurting so bad and swelling and going numb, especially in the morning. My hair is starting to fall out again and I'm still having Neuro symptoms. I made my Neuro appt 3mos in advance and of course now I'll be in AZ then! The fatigue has been terrible but switching from Zoloft to cymbalta has helped some. I'm scared I'm going to have to take more "invasive" medication when I'm so close to FINALLY getting the career I want. What gov agency will want me with all of these problems and liabilities?

Sigh.

Thanks for reading
    Graves Disease 2007, Ceilac's Disease 2008, Lupus 2012.
    "Не дай мне Бог сойти с ума."
    God, please don't blow my mind. - Aleksandr Pushkin

Thanks

I'm sorry you are having such a crummy time.

What are you studying? What type of jobs are you looking for? I think there is always need for intelligent, caring people who can empathize with others.

Brenda

3. The Following User Says Thank You to running girl For This Useful Post:

E42brchick (04-08-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

(((hugs)))

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

E42brchick (04-08-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Stress is a major trigger for flares. I hope you get to feeling better soon and that things go well for you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

E42brchick (04-08-2012)

Thanks

Well thank you! I'm studying Intelligence Policies and central/east European studies. I also speak Russian. So I'm looking for translation/intel jobs with the federal government here on the east coast.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Stress is a major trigger for flares. I hope you get to feeling better soon and that things go well for you!
    I am learning this very quickly! I'm a very "high stress/high strung" person to begin with so I'm trying to learn new ways to manage my stress. It's been a little difficult to find time to do something like yoga, or meditate when I just want to sleep lol