Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone :) I'm new to all this an would like to talk to others about SLE :)

Thanks

Default Hi everyone :) I'm new to all this an would like to talk to others about SLE :)

Hello! I'm 19 yrs old turning 20 on the 13th of this month. I have been diagnosed with SLE for 9 months now! But had been seriously ill for 8months before I was diagnosed! Doctors couldn't seem to find what was wrong with me! When I was admitted *into hospital my symptoms were server ! I had inflamation in the joints, my vision was blurry an sometimes couldn't see. I had a constant high fever! couldn't do anything on my own! I had flu like symptoms always. i was first addmited with bad pnemonia.they then realised something wasnt right. While I was in hospital for 3 weeks they did various tests! Eventually results were I had fluid in the lungs, in the lining of my heart, inflamed liver, spleen an kidneys! I was put on alot of meds. Also after having a kidney biopsy they found kidneys were affected quite bad with losing protien and blood!! I have monthly check ups an have one coming on the 18th of this month. I'm glad I have found somewhere where people can understand me!!

Thanks

Hi Angie,

I'm sorry to hear about the rough time you've had but having a diagnosis should help you get the treatment you need.

Welcome to WHL, it's a great place to learn more and to meet some wonderful people who understand what you are going through.

Brenda

Thanks

Hi we're the same age =) Its sounds like you have been through a lot lately but are on the right path to feeling better. There's a lot of information on this forum look around or ask anything you want.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

hi angie and welcome,

many of us call this place our cyber family.
    we say this because of the care we develop for each other.

i am looking forward to getting to know you through these pages.
    there are quite a few of us aussies on here.
    so you are definetally not alone.

Thanks

Hi Angie, and welcome. this is an awesome place to come for information and support. Im sorry you are going through this, you are much to young!

Thanks

Welcome!
    So sorry you have been through so much at a young age. I hope you are feeling better now.

Stephanie

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Angie,

Welcome to WHL.

Please make yourself at home,

Rob

Thanks

hi angie welcome to whl family sorry you have had a rough time we are here for you now hugs kim

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Angie! Welcome to WHL! We are really glad that you found us
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Angie,
    Welcome to WHL. This is a great place to find support and others who understand.
    Hugs,
    Marla