Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie here, hello to all

Thanks

welcome to whl family it took 20 years before i got my diagnoses i know how frustrating it can be but you now have the support of our family hugs kim

Thanks

Hi Bakedtater,
    Welcome to WHL. You very eloquently wrote about the journey that so many of us have been on, or are still traveling.
    It is so sad that we have to deal with docs who really don't understand these AI diseases that we are dealing with. It seems to me that medical schools need desperately to teach docs in all specialties a lot more about them.
    I'm glad that you have joined us. Read threads that interest you, and feel free to join in on our conversations.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n.mac View Post
    I looked on the map and we are almost neighbors-I live in Frankfort (rt 30& rt 57) and Limestone appears to be just west of 57 close to Kankakee.
    It takes me about 15 min to get to the kankakee state park to go fishing.

North of me is the vast suburbs-complete with all the shopping mall etc.- there are 4 home depots -and 6 walgreens in different directions within a 10 min drive of my house-But go south on lagrange road one mile and it is nothing but cornfields for hundreds of miles - except for little towns like limestone!

My youngest daughter is turning 16 this sunday and she needed 50 hrs documented driving time to get her license so we have been zig-zagging thru the countryside the last few months-every where from here to peotone to gardner, bradley and kankakee-so if you were ever run off the road by a minivan-please accept my appologies!
    Take Care Niall
    Oh wow! Lol yes were very close. We visit Frankfort quite often, my son's dentist is up there, we also do a bit of shopping there too! our vets also in Mokena, which isn't too far either. We camp a lot in the summer at kankakee's state park, which is about 30mins from us. We're a bit west of Kankakee, closer to Dwight & Herscher (if you've heard of them). Before we moved out here we lived in Manteno, which is near peotone and my husbands originally from momence (east).

LOL! 16 is a fun age, I bet she's thrilled to finally be behind the wheel! I don't know though, it may be doing me a favor if she did lol maybe then I could convince my husband to finally get rid of his old mustang and finally get another truck! Lol

Thanks

I grew up in elmhurst but seem to be moving further south over the years. My wife has an aunt in manteno,3 more in mokena-she was living in beecher when I met her. She is the big mustang fan -in '05 when the new retro mustang came out she had to have-it is fun to drive,but hard to get in and out of. lol
    Me -I have always been a big fan of trucks-I drive a full size(extended cab)chevy(hd of course)pickup which gets maybe 10 miles per gal. luckily it is a company truck and comes with a gas card!

I go camping at starved rock in utica-it is 1 1/4 hr drive west for me and my son can make it up from pekin(south of peoria) in about an hour-which makes it so much more convienant to see my grandsons!

Thanks

Hey n.mac
    My mother was born in West Frankfort, Illinois. I was born and raised in the Alton, Illinois area.
    I haven't lived in Illinois since I got married in 1976, but I still think of it as my home state.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hello Marla,
    I had to look on the map but I found west frankfort- I already knew where alton is.

I live in frankfort which is about a 30 min drive s-w of chicago.

West frankfort is all the way down at the south end of il. about 7 hr drive from here.

Its easy to forget how big il is,and up here the land is flat and boring(unless you like corn and soy beans) and down south it is quite beautiful with lots of lakes and hills etc.

Thanks

n.mac.
    That makes sense, since most of our family seems to be in Southern Illinois. The old family homestead was in Calhoun County.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I haven't had a chance to welcome you to our family yet! Please make yourself at home and know that we are really glad to have you as part of our WHL family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~