Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spray tans or self taning lotions

Thanks

Default spray tans or self taning lotions

i have subacute lupus that only affects my skin and i dont have it bad at all dr has cut me down on the medication Plaquenil i take one pill every 4 days right now and was instructed to take one a day if it starts to get worse with it being spring my question is how many people here who have subacute lupus that affects their skin have went to those spray tan booths or bought the self tanning lotions for home sun really affects me but i am tired of looking so pale and sick all the time thanks for any info you have ..just a little nervous that the spray tans might make my skin break out bad m thanks

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I have Scle and SLE and my skin has become so sensitive I can't use either. I also can't use perfumes of any kind, even in soaps. It is just going to. E something that you have to check out for yourself. Try 1 thing at a time in case something bothers you so you will know which it is
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

but in your picture you look so good my face is pale with like a blushing red on it and my legs are ghostly white because i am also anemic ...but thanks ill try both and see

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I use a self-tanning lotion and my skin can handle that o.k. I personally didn't like the spray tanning booth. I don't know if the spray tans are good for lupus or not.

Thanks

oh ok do you know if they come in a mineral lotion at all? what type do you use

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy2011 View Post
    but in your picture you look so good my face is pale with like a blushing red on it and my legs are ghostly white because i am also anemic ...but thanks ill try both and see
    LOL That picture is long before steroids and hiding from the sun. I was still working then so it has to be 3 years ago. I too am so very pale!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

,I tried various kinds, including Banana Boat. Just be sure you apply it evenly. Ankles, elbows, and knees are hard to get it even on and they can overdarken., You may not want to put it on those areas, even the feet can be tricky to get it on evenly, and can overdarken. I don't go for the dark tanning kinds because I am pretty fair skinned, and can't start out with a dark one anyway. Some blend in better than others. Banana Boat was pretty good. Hopefully others will come online with other kinds of self-tanners that they can recommend. Personally, I used to go to the tanning booths to start my tan, but those lights from the tanning booth could possibly cause a lupus flare up. Plus we are all aware of the increased danger of skin cancer from prolonged use of tanning beds. Here in CA you have to have parental permission if you are under 18 to use them. This is a fairly recent law enacted not long ago. Good luck!
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ive done both, if I want a full body than I will do the spray booth. Other than that I use lotion with some bronzer in it and during the summer because my legs are so much paler than the rest of my body I use that Sally Hansons spray brush for legs. Love that stuff because the paler I look the more my stias(spelling?) stand out.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Tammy2011 (03-17-2012)

Thanks

thanks i will look for that spray for the legs

Thanks

thanks everyone i am currently trying the pur minerals tanning lotion i will let you all know how i make out its quite expensive though 27 dollars for a small tube but its better than being pale i guess