Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of the same question

Thanks

Default Tired of the same question

I had never had any symptoms until December of last year and was diagnosed earlier this month. Since the middle of December almost everyday my mom text me in the morning and ask "how are you feeling" or something like that. I know she is my mom and she is worried about me but I am so tired of being asked every morning how I am feeling. And it has gotten to the point that she is annoying the tar out of me. I don't know if I should tell to that I know she is worried but she doesn't need to ask me everyday. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do about it? Please someone help me figure out what to do!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

sorry i have not had that much "caring".
    i remember reading about others comments though......
    it usually slows down, especially with prompting from you.

i find it hard telling my mum off.
    i can't imagine your conversation. lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (03-28-2012)

Thanks

That is just the way it is, a mom is always a mom first. It doesn't matter how old our kids are, they are always our kids.
    Like Steve said, we have heard some stories here, where people complained, that nobody cares. That means that you are better off than alot of people, your mom cares and is worried, because it is still very new to her. It will slow down.
    I sometimes say, " i am ok, lets talk about something else".

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

running girl (03-28-2012), Saysusie (03-28-2012)

Thanks

Thanks guys for you input. I am happy I have family that cares! I am hopeful it will slow down too. I think to that when I start to mentally feel better that it want bother me so much. Thanks for the encouraging words!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

From a Mom's point of view who had a child who suffered greatly from Lupus..she is letting you know that she cares, that she is always there for you, that she loves you, and that she will do anything for you that you need.
    She is just not sure how to say all of these things to you, so what she does, instead, is to ask you each morning how you are feeling. This is just to open up the door for you to tell her what you need and if you'd like her to do something for you.
    As others have mentioned, too many members do not have anyone who cares at all. I would ask you to consider these daily questions as a blessing. I agree that they will slow down. I would also bet money that if they stopped entirely, your heart would be broken. So, it might be helpful to find some middle ground that works for both of you and that will come with mutual understanding & acceptance of each other.
    I wish you the very best
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

running girl (03-28-2012), SleepyInSeattle (04-17-2012), tgal (03-28-2012)

Thanks

I have the same problem with my mom.. i just tell her i'm fine, or if i'm not i just tell her how i really feel.. i know she's just concerned, but it does get annoying..
    lisa
    dx with sle 02/2012 on 10 mg prednisone, 20 mgs simvistatin 7.5 mg meloxicam ,400mg plaquenil,12.5 mgs methotrexate

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get what you mean, if it's my mom I it doesn't bother me but if it's someone I hardly even know but they about my lupus than it gets annoying. I don't even know what to tell them when they ask because of course I feel bad but I don't want to answer anymore questions.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I would have no way of knowing how to answer your question. My mother was dead by the time I got really sick and was then diagnosed. I have never had anyone that cared enough to ask me every day how I feel. My daughter tries but, of course, I don't want her to worry so I play it off which means she asks less.

I know it is hard but consider yourself lucky that someone loves you that much
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

running girl (03-29-2012)

Thanks

All of you have very valid points. I know your family is always your family. But I have not always had the best relationship with them. I was basically pushed out of my own family by my ex sister in law and my family let it happen and did nothing to stop it. And then 7 years ago when my son, then 5, was in a horrific accident an almost lost his right leg my family was no where to be seen. When I needed them more than now, they weren't there. I guess its almost like its too little too late. There is always that part of me that can't forget how much they, especially my own mom, have hurt me and my family in the past.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Marine Wife,

Sometimes, a little bit of humor can help both people in situations like this.

When asked how you are doing, just smile and say "I have Lupus, how are you?"

A lighthearted comment delivered with a smile can sometimes work wonders.

Rob

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Marine wife (03-29-2012), Saysusie (03-30-2012), steve.b (03-29-2012), tgal (03-29-2012)