Thread: Remember me? =)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Remember me? =)

Today in school, I thought about my cyber family... and figured I should update them on everything going on with my sister, and I. So here I am.
    First thing I want to say is that my sister KC is starting to do much better, she hasn't been to the Emergency room for a long time, and hasn't been to the hospital for since even longer ago. So Iím excited that she is doing better. But at this point itís just all up to her, with what she eats, and if she takes care of herself. Recently, she has been sorta inactive, and just lying around the house, drinking pop... Hopefully soon she will start to become more active, and get back to her job, and college. Which she talks about frequently but never has actually gotten her up to do it yet. But I don't know whatís going on because she never talks to me. But again, Iím just hoping she figures everything out.

As for my parents... my dad is still kinda going nuts, because both of my sisters moved out in the past year and he is afraid I will want to move in with my mom too (who recently moved from being 6 hours away. to 15 minutes. around Christmas time.). Which as much as my mom might want me too, I won't... not %100 why, just a gut feeling that I should stay where I am. My mom has been in the Philippines with my younger sister, Jenna, and my other sister who just moved in with her, (Kaitlyn). They left a while ago, in early February and are coming back soon, so I can't wait to see them again.
    I know my mom has been worried and misses Kc and I. So she will be happier too.

As for me... I have been a bit better, but still stressed out about school and Kc. Surprisingly more stressed about school right now. My grades haven't been too good, which is odd because first semester I had all A's and B's, and this semester... well, I'll just say not as good as the first. I talked to a guidance counselor about everything going on. I'm not sure why, but I hid a lot from her, a lot of stuff I probably should have told her about. I might go back; she said Iím always welcome if I need to talk to her again. Although I think that it helped deal with some stress, which was surprising to me. Maybe because I have never actually talked to someone about topics I normally would discuss with even my parents. Oh and a side note, if you've read any other posts, I ended up joining the Pit orchestra, and have had fun with it.

To sum things up, Kc is doing much better than last time I posted, and my family is still trying to adjust... but improving.

Slowly but surely my family is starting to get used to a new normal

Sincerely,
    CJ

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 1,074 Posts

hi cj,
    yes i do definetally remember you.

it is good to hear kc is doing a lot better.
    as we said before.....
    it takes time for the correct mix of medication to work.
    it now looks like kc is on the right mix.

i believe that you should go back to the councelor.
    it is not good to tell only 1/2 a story.
    counselors can help you if they know the full picture.
    you can also help yourself by trusting someone enough to tell them the full story.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (03-28-2012), siege929 (03-28-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi CJ;
    I, too, remember you and your concern for your sister. It is so good to hear from you again. I am glad to hear the KC is doing better. I do hope that she finds the motivation to get back to work and/or school. Since she does not talk to you, there is very little that you can do. So, try not to stress yourself too much.
    I am glad that your family is adjusting to the "new normal"..it does take time and the best part is the fact that they are trying.
    I agree, once you relieve yourself of some of the issues that cause you stress, you will improve in your schoolwork. Do what you can to alleviate those issues.
    Until then..welcome back

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

siege929 (03-28-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Yes I remember you and I am so glad you stopped in to give us an update! At the very beginning you can't see a light anywhere at the end of the tunnel but it looks like you are starting to find it. As Susie said "the new normal" is what we search for. Thank you so much for letting us know that things are better for you and your sister!

Keep us posted every once in awhile!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

siege929 (03-28-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm glad i found this website, cause otherwise i would not have made as much progress in my situation as i have with the help and support from you guys. I want to thank you so much, you really help me get through all my difficult times. I hope that other people that are in the same situation can see that even if they can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, they can be sure that it is there... and will do what ever it is to work towards it.

Thank you guys for advice you gave me on all my other posts. I will do my best to stay posted and update you guys on everything every once in a while.

Sincerely,
    CJ

Thanks

Hey CJ,

It's great to hear from you. I was really concerned about you and am pleased to hear that things are getting better for both you and your sister. Its great that your mom is close by and can help with your sister.

Keep your counselor in the loop. She sounds good.

Look after yourself.
    Brenda

Thanks

Hi CJ,
    I also remember you, and I'm glad that things are going better for you and your family.
    It's good that KC is feeling better. The meds are working. Encourage her to improve her nutrition and to get involved in things that interest her, but don't push too hard. Maybe you can be a good example - when she sees you feeling great and getting involved in life, she might be motivated to try to do more.
    I'm glad that you did the pit orchestra - that was probably great for your self-esteem.
    Keep talking to your counselor and keep working on improving your own life. You can be the good example for your entire family.
    I'm glad to hear from you again - keep us updated.
    Hugs,
    Marla