Thread: Vertigo....

Thanks

Thumbs down Vertigo....

I went to bed at 9 o 'clock last night, I was exhausted. I awoke around 4am, unable to go back to sleep. I felt SO groggy this morning it was ridiculous. Shaky, dizzy, generally miserable.

What aleviates this feeling? I've drank 3 bottles of water already (mom always says water is the best thign when you don't know what else to do..) But nothing. UGH. I HATE THIS FEELING!!!
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The fatigue, that is a common symptom of this disease, can be extremely debilitating. Our Moderator, Rob, described it as feeling like you are lying under "A LEAD BLANKET". For many of us, no amount of sleep can alleviate the feeling of fatigue.
    For me, I find that if I force myself to do some form of exercise (non-jarring) on a regular basis, it really does help with my fatigue. We are told that exercising is one of the most important things that we can do to help us manage this disease. So, believe it or not, exercising does give us more energy (amongst many other great benefits that it provides).
    If you feel that you can try some form of exercise, make sure that you partake of one that does not put stress on your body. Some suggestions are: Yoga, Pilates, Swimming, Walking, etc.
    I hope you feel better soon

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (03-27-2012)

Thanks

Thank you so much. You don't understand how amazing it feels (despite all the pain) to know you're not alone with this awful feeling.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn