Thread: Knees

Thanks

Default Knees

I have ALWAYS had problems with my knees and have had to have one surgery already. Today I was walking along minding my own business when my knee just completely popped out and I fell to the ground in pain. It is so swollen and painful now! Has anyone else here had any issues with their knees? And I guess now I need to see my rheumatologist, a neurologist, AND an orthopedic guy?! Could I be any more of a mess? I am feeling very depressed today. My fatigue and overall pain is overwhelming, I feel like life is just sort of passing me by. I so want to be one of those people who deals with this with grace and strength. Today I just feel like a big whiner. Thanks for being here.

Thanks

Eliasson,
    This sounds oh so familiar! You probably will need to see an orthopedist and get an MRI. Mine turned out to be a torn meniscus and Avascular Necrosis.
    It was fairly easy to fix with arthroscopic surgery, and most people recover in 6-8 weeks. Mine took a lot longer, and my rheumy later discovered that I had developed an infection in the synovial fluid. Once she injected some antibiotics and some artificial synovial fluid in there, it healed quickly and that knee is no longer a problem.
    The faster you can get it taken care of, the better.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Eliasson,

I'm sorry you are having such a crummy time. It's hard not to get down with such pain and stress. Hang in there. Things are bound to get better soon.

I've never had any trouble with my knees, but I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.

Brenda