Thread: Hello Everyone!

Thanks

Default Hello Everyone!

I have been visiting here for awhile but have never posted before. I was diagnosed with Lupus about 6 months but drs. can't seem to agree what kind but I also have ankylosing spondylitis and symptoms sometimes overlap. I am a mom of 3 teenagers(very stressful) and I am married and my husband travels alot for his job, so I am alone with house and kids issues often. I would love to chat with anyone who has similiar medical and personal situations. Looking for all information and help I can get! Looking forward to chatting and advice.

Thanks

Hi Sweetiesmom,
    Welcome to WHL. You've come to the right place to find others to chat with who understand.
    I have several overlapping AI diseases - all kinds of odd symptoms.
    I raised five kids, and being a glutton for punishment, I taught high school too. My hubby traveled often because he is a military officer. I wasn't diagnosed when my kids were teens, but I'm sure that I was dealing with many early symptoms. I know that it can really be stressful to deal with teen drama when you aren't feeling very well yourself.
    I'm always willing to chat!
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you decided to join. Please make yourself at home. Feel free to ask any questions that you have or comment on any threads. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i am a father / stepfather.

i had 3 stepsons who were teenagers together (now 26 and 24, 24)
    so i know how stressfull they can be.
    my own are 12 and 14.

what type of medication are you currently on.
    to me it is more important to have the right meds, than the right title.

i am glad you have joined our cyber family.......welcome.

Thanks

Marla and Steve thanks for the kind words about kids..forgot to mention too that I'm stepmom to 2 girls 31,27 and 5 grandchildren between them and a not so great blended family. I have 2 girls 20 & 16(just started driving!OMG) the oldest is moderately autistic and a son 14 who hates everything about me right now, LOL. I love being a mom but feel like for the last 3 years, after things got bad, that I haven't been great at my job of stay-at-home mom and worry about how my illness is effecting my children,
    I also have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's and fibromyalgia too. Currently taking Simponi for spondylitis along with methotrexate and folic acid. Also synthroid, soma, gabapentin, and dexilant to counter all bad effects on GI from meds. I can't and won't take prednisone/steriods due to way they make me feel(extremely, extremely angry and jitterery) so I have been told that until other symptoms present no other meds will be added for the lupus. I have alot of pain every day, some alot worse than others, but its really hard to know which disease it comes from. I too believe that the title is not at all important but just to find out what works best for me and I strongly believe that no matter how great the dr., they are not always right and no one knows my body better than I do.