Thread: Allergies are Driving Me Crazy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Allergies are Driving Me Crazy

My allergic rhinitis is driving me crazy. Stopped up nose all night long, then a runny nose, sneezing, etc., then today an earache. Went to the Dr. today and was prescribed eardrops. Hope they kick in soon.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-19-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how you feel...I have bad allergies on top of asthma. Lemme tell ya, that is no fun at all. I have an pharmacy in my nightstand (lol) and you should see the routine that I have to go through every night in order to go to sleep: nose sprays, saline, moisturizer for the lining of my nose, humidifier, ear drops, eye drops, and it goes on and on...all of this is before I take my evening regemin of pills!
    I do hope that you feel better and that your allergies get under control. Wishing you a restful night.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Because Chicago has had a mild winter and it's summer already (temps in 80's for severl days now), my allergies never quite went away. Normally I have relief in the winter, but not this year.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Then I went to get the prescription filled and the pharmacist told me it would cost $45 for the steroid nasal spray. Forget that! I simply cannot afford it. But the eardrops are working, thank God..
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-20-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks

DOW,
    Are you able to take Allegra? I had allergies that never went away when I lived in Texas, and the only way that I could survive was by taking an Allegra each and every day. Lucky for me, I don't have to take any allergy meds at all here in California!
    I was taking Allegra when it was a prescription drug, but now it's OTC. I don't think that it's very expensive. One note though - you have to take it consistently for two weeks or more before you notice a difference - much like good ol' Plaquenil.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Never have taken it and I was thinking about getting some OTC allergy pills. I am going to give it a try. I didn't know what was effective and have taken various ones, including Claritin, but never tried that one. My allergies are year round too. The last time I tested which was a few years ago, the allergist said I was allergic to all the environmental ones, like dust, feathers, dustmites, etc. I had this old pillow I was using, I just got rid of. I am sure it had plenty of dustmites in it. I heard that you have to wash your pillow at least once a week in hot water to keep them down. Don't know if those allergy free pillow protectors work or not. I guess I could give them a try. Has anyone out there had any luck with those for allergy relief?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

yes the allergy free protectors work.

i use them for both of my kids.
    they are a very good investment.

i also use a nasal spray called "a-zep"
    it is a script medication in australia.
    not sure over there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (03-22-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Since I got rid of my dustmite laden pillow and bought a new one, my allergies have been somewhat better for now. Also, the eardrops the Dr. prescribed have kicked in and my ears are not paining like they did.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 03-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.