Thread: Haven't been around

Thanks

Default Haven't been around

Hi everyone

Sorry that I haven't been around, I am having a rough couple of months. Really bad headaches, sores inside my month which is new thing for me. Cold sores that is starting. My leg pass my knee all the way up to my butt only one side. Is killing me I can't walk very well due to the pain. I have notice my hair is coming out more then looses hair. These are all new to me, thank god I have long thick hair so no one notice but me.

Just wanted to come here to let everyone know that I am still here. I wish everyone a pain free day, Hello to the new members.

Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

i am sorry you are having a rough time.
    thank you for the update.

Thanks

Hi Liz,

Nice to see you again.
    I am sorry that you are going through this rough patch. Have you seen your rheumy lately?
    Hope you stick around.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Thanks I know you guys won''t be mad at me . Debbie I seen a new Rheumy in Jan, that was a joke. We spent two hours in the waiting room and five min with him. He didn't seem all to concern, I walked out with a 900.00 bill which he test me for Lupus. Of course it come back Positive, that upset me. I am given him one more shot in April and after that I be searching for a new one. I am so lost and upset that no doctor seem all to concern.
    Hugs
    Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Thanks

Hi Liz,
    It's good to see you here again. I always miss the "regulars" who disappear and hope that it is because they are feeling well and are busy with their lives.
    I'm sorry that you are feeling worse. Let that rheumy know that you are experiencing a flare and ask him what he's going to do about it.
    Why is it that so many rheumys are so uncaring? My hubby has a theory. He thinks that they want to make a nice comfortable living just dealing with little old people with osteoarthritis. When we younger patients with AI diseases challenge them with something out of the ordinary, it upsets their orderly and profitable little world. They really don't want to deal with the challenges. That's why it is such a joy to find one who loves a challenge and actually likes to think.
    Keep us informed of your progress.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Marla
    I think your husband is on the right track ;-) I now wish I didn't move from my Doctor Swift from Nebraska. Didn't realized trying to found a caring Rhuemy is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. April 11 is my next appt and My husband is really Pissed so I am guessing Dr Korman is going to get a ear full from my hubby. Dustin (Hubby) was cussing and yelling, why in the beep beep beep beep did he test you again. You all should have been here to hear him.

I just need help and I won't stop till one of them make me happy
    Hugs
    Liz

Thanks

Liz,
    I'm in the same situation. I had finally found a great rheumy in Texas, and then we moved to California. Now I have one of those uncaring ones again. Unfortunately, we only have three rheumys here on the peninsula, and I've heard that the other two are worse - a couple of old guys who should have retired years ago. I dread moving back to Texas next year, because of the awful heat and the allergies. I really, really love California. However, the one good thing about going back there will be going back to Dr. Pineda!
    Good luck with that next appointment. Try to keep your DH from getting too rough - LOL!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks dear I try to keep him under control however he is my voice LOL. Now he babies me a little to much I think. I don't know how to tell stop because he is only looking out for me. He told me if he isn't happy next month we will travel to found one, I don't feel up to traveling more then an hour every 3 months. Deep down I feel like he know one day this diseases will take my life and he is trying everything he can to stop that.

Day 2 of having a headache this is a never ending job LOL.

Hugs
    Liz

Thanks

Hey Liz,
    We have members here who have lived with Lupus for 20 or 30 years and are still going strong. The trick seems to be finding the right combination of meds and finding a doc that you can really connect to. I would think that it might be very worthwhile to travel a bit further to find the right doc.
    I know that I miss my great one back in Texas, and I will be very glad to see her and talk to her again.
    Hang in there.
    Hugs,
    Marla

10. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-21-2012)

Thanks

I just need you to keep pushing me LOL Thank you for that. I keep going I am so glad to hear people can live that long with Lupus. I lost two friend just this year and both were in there 30's. That worry me I be 33 in May. I just need people to remind me to keep going and not back down. Hugs
    Liz