Thread: Finally diagnosed...Feb 2012

Thanks

Red face Finally diagnosed...Feb 2012

Hi everyone, I came on this site back in august 2011, but still then wasnt sure what was going on with me. I'd like to meet people who can relate and understand, as it feels like a lonely world out there when no-one understands whats happening with you, I feel anti-social some days and have two children, i feel its taken the toll a little, that said maybe alot!!
    So, would like to understand more about Lupus and make new friends.. also has anyone had problems with their ears?? like itchy, then within 12 hours period there infected??, just had second dose of anitbiotics in 2 months for it...Anyway i got diagnosed in Feb 2012 and I ma being refered to Rheumatologist. Dr.Graeme Carrol in Perth and if there any other Perth people please dont hesitate to say hello and who ever else is out there too...thank you so much Im on Plaquenil and have Poly Myalgia rheumatica on anti inflamoratories...Auto immune thyroid just showed up, does any one else have thyroid issues...Im new to this so bear with me...thanks

Thanks

Hi Lotus,
    Welcome back to the cyber family! We have quite a few people from Australia as members. Steve is usually hanging around, so I'm sure he'll say hi soon.
    We have a few others who live near you, such as Linda from Australia. I haven't seen her here lately, so I hope that she sees this and gives us an update.
    We're a supportive and friendly group, so feel free to ask questions.
    I don't get ear infections very often, but I do have Meniere's, which means that I get awful ringing in my ears and if affects my balance.
    I don't have thyroid problems, but we have several members who do - I'm sure that you will hear from someone.
    Come here anytime that you feel lonely - there is usually someone around.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Lotus (03-18-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi suzanne.

there is about 12 regular members from perth and surrounds.

welcome back. i was wondering what had happenned since august.

i live in pinjarra, feel free to send me a personal message, i can help put you in contact with a few other members, who are close to you.
    Last edited by steve.b; 03-18-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: i remembered your name. i want it to be more friendly

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Lotus (03-18-2012)

Thanks

Steve,
    Do you know anything about how Linda is doing?

Thanks

Hello and big thank you for welcoming me I really appreciate it...Steve thank you that would be great to let me know whos around here, much appreicated, as you can imagine Im still finding my way around this forum, so a few days time im sure ill get use to it...

thanks again
    Lotus

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Lotus,

Welcome back, it's good to have you here. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It sounds strange, but many people feel a real sense of relief once they get a definite diagnosis. The good thing, is that now you know what you are fighting, and you can start taking the proper meds to keep your disease activity under control. Don't worry, autoimmune disorders are scary when you first learn you have one, but after some time goes by, the monster loses most of it's teeth, and isn't nearly as intimidating as it once was.

There are others here who understand, so you are not alone.

Rob