Thread: Hello from Greece

Thanks

Cool Hello from Greece

Hi all, my name is Angelica,this is my first time on this site and I'm so happy that I found you .

I was diagnosed with Lupus in April of 2004, my first symptoms came a few months before and I think that I'm lucky , because sle is often hard to diagnose . I had flu-like symptoms, sore throats, raynaud's, fatigue and joint pain .
    Now I'm taking the following meds : 200mg plaquenil , 4mg Methylprednisolone, 100mg salospir,1000mg cellcept twice a day and calcium with vitamin D.

I daily gets lots of rest, I try to gets good nutritious diet and exercise. Breathing exercises and meditation calming my nervous system and reduces my skin flare ups. Step-by-step, everyday, I do something to change my negative habits.

Anyways, that's what is going on with me and I just wanted to talk with people who understood and could offer advice on their experience

Thanks all for reading.

Last edited by tgal; 03-18-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Removed Content mot allowed

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL!

I am glad you are feeling so much better and we too are glad that you found us. Medicines are very important to the healing of our bodies but it is also important to eat better and take care of ourselves as you mentioned.

Please make yourself at home and feel free to look through old threads or start new ones if you wish. I look forward to getting to know you and welcome to our family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi and welcome,
    please read a few of the older threads, they are our personal experiences with lupus.

it is nice to see people here from other parts of the world.
    this really is a global site.
    welcome to your new global, cyber family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (03-18-2012)

Thanks

Angelica,
    καλησπέρα! And welcome to WHL. It sounds like you are on the right track for coping with Lupus, but it never hurts to find a support group of people who understand. You have come to the right place for that.
    I'm excited to get to know you. Where in Greece is Evia? I've traveled in Athens and to the islands of Santorini and Crete. I had the most wonderful time in my life traveling there. Of course, I'm a retired Latin teacher, who also learned a bit of ancient Greek and taught quite a bit of Greek mythology. Seeing the Parthenon and the Palace of Knossos were two of the greatest thrills of my life.
    I hope that you come back often and become part of our cyber family.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Angelica,
    καλησπέρα! And welcome to WHL. It sounds like you are on the right track for coping with Lupus, but it never hurts to find a support group of people who understand. You have come to the right place for that.
    I'm excited to get to know you. Where in Greece is Evia? I've traveled in Athens and to the islands of Santorini and Crete. I had the most wonderful time in my life traveling there. Of course, I'm a retired Latin teacher, who also learned a bit of ancient Greek and taught quite a bit of Greek mythology. Seeing the Parthenon and the Palace of Knossos were two of the greatest thrills of my life.
    I hope that you come back often and become part of our cyber family.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    thank you all for you warm welcome

Marla I’m so happy that you had a great time traveling in Greece. Evia or Euboea is near Athens and the second largest Greek island (the biggest being Crete) and it is believed that it was once part of the mainland. It was probably severed from it by an earthquake, as there is a fault line close to it.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.
    Take care,
    Angelica

Thanks

Welcome to WHL, i'm new too, my best wishes for you

Thanks

Welcome, im newbie, and here off and on and its a blessing to have a site like this where we can all connect...

Thanks

Angelica,
    I guess that my education in ancient Greece is showing. I didn't recognize Evia, but as soon as you mentioned Euboea, I knew exactly what island you were talking about. I'm such a nerd!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    ..... I'm such a nerd!
    i was always taught it is polite to agree with a lady.

but should i agree with this self appraisal ????

lol