Thread: Lab reults and weird episode/symptoms this morning??

Thanks

Question Lab reults and weird episode/symptoms this morning??

So this is what I sent to my rheumy this morning as a heads up on my lupie status lol...Tell me what you think??

ESR- 4 NORM=0-20
    Albumin- 4.8 NORM=3.6-5.1
    Glucose,Plasma- 66 NORM=65-99 (Fasting Reference Range)
    CK, Total- 113 NORM=29-143
    T4,Free,Non-Dialysis- 1.4 NORM=0.8-1.8
    TSH- 1.54 NORM=0.40-4.50
    C-Reative Protein- <1mg/L (<8)
    *C3,Serum- 85 NORM=90-180
    *C4,Serum- 15 NORM=16-47

Urinalysis was all normal minus the following:
    *Hemoglobin A1C- 5.7% NORM=<5.7%

<5.7%- Decreased risk of diabetes
    5.7-6.0%- Increased risk of diabetes
    6.1-6.4%- Higher risk of diabetes
    > or = 6.5%- Consistent with diabetes

Tissue Transglutaminase AB IGA- <3 U/mL

<5- Negative
    5-8- Equivocal
    >8- Positive

Complement, Total (CH50)- 55 NORM=31-60

I also wanted to let you know I had a strange episode this morning. I took the 7.5mg dose of prednisone this morning rather than adding to the 4.5mg of what I took yesterday and afterwards I started getting a little dizzy and I figured it might be due to needing to eat since I had only had milk with it. So, I ate something and drank some water but it only got worse. I got dizzy and really pale and was shakey,weak and nauseous and then my stomach started cramping. I ended up having a bowel movement and I had just had one earlier that morning that was looser as they have been. This was the worst one yet and after that my body settled down and I felt better. Of course it caused a bit of anxiety from it happening so quickly but besides being tired after 8 hours of sleep and still a little shakey, slight headache and having a rash on my face i feel "better" from all those symptoms. Shortly after that happened I started feeling hungry again. Food just seems to move too quickly through my system and I'm not sure why. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat but this has been going on for about a week now. I remember the time I went to the ER for the syncope episode and they couldn't figure out why I passed out...this felt almost identical to that except I didn't have the bowel movement issues then. I do seem to have a lot more acidity in my stomach and I am wondering if this plays a part and if the Protonix is doing it's job sufficiently? My body is really tired and worn out so I've been trying to rest and drinking gatorade/water. Despite feeling hungry at times I don't have much of an appetite.
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there,

As for your test results those are really good. Except for a slightly higher than normal risk of diabetes (which makes sense with the steroids) looks to me like everything is in normal range.

I don't know what happened to you this morning but i can tell you that the "food running through you" thing I have dealt with for years. It is horrible! There are some meds that can help that although for me it is only temporary and I can't afford them anyway. You really need to talk to your doc about what happened today. It is out of the ordinary for you and could be important
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Well I emailed her and she wrote back and said she thinks we ought to get a CT of my abdomen done. So I think we will do that and she may want to do a Cortisol level check.
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh I think that is great! I have no insurance so I can't afford the testing but I think your doctor is right on track! Let us know!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Out of curiosity due to my symptom explanation what would be the likely potentials to test for using CT?

And not intruding but just curious, can you get state insurance to help with the cost of things?
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day